1971 Boss 351 Mach 1 at Mecum

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the last cars to go across the block today was a 72 mach 1 w/ a crate 429 or something....but the bid stalled out at 15k and it didn't sell.

The bid goes on... had a $42k bid... That is a proud owner.
If you had a Boss would you sell it for 42K ? Sorry but I wouldn't

The bid goes on... had a $42k bid... That is a proud owner.
If you had a Boss would you sell it for 42K ? Sorry but I wouldn't
A "true Boss" with original drive train in that condition... 42K wouldn't take it from me. I looked for one before settling on my 71 Mach, they were way out my price range for the driver's quality car Boss I was looking for.

what is the Price range for a Real Boss 351.

how is the price of a Boss 351 affected if its a ResoMod vs. a Concourse Restoration?
Haggerty puts the current value of a condition (4) 71 Boss at 39K and the value of a condition (1) at 90K.

In comparison the value a condition (4) 71 Fastback at 6K and a condition (1) 71 Fastback at 27K.

So if I were going with a resto Mod it would be on the Fastback not the Boss. I can't see a resto Mod doing anything but lowering the value of a Boss that's in good condition.

The reason I asked, first I wsn't sure the value, and second, you know someone out that has done a Restomod on a Real Boss 351 and thinks he just raised the value.

Here's the book on the car...

1971 FORD MUSTANG BOSS 351 351-330hp (8cyl-4V) 4M

#5 #4 #3 #2 #1

2dr Fastback 9100 19675 32600 46275 72625

what is the Price range for a Real Boss 351.

how is the price of a Boss 351 affected if its a ResoMod vs. a Concourse Restoration?

well I can see why they turned down the $42k
They turned it down because it is for sale from a car flipping business check my earlier post for link to it at Fast Lane Classics. They are asking $52,995.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back