1971 Frank Cone GT

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that was a nice smack done a crooked ass dealer and owner. Made me happy reading it.
My favorite part is the continuous form paper - home-made with a freakin' hole punch. It's as if a 15-year-old created it from a description of continuous form paper, oblivious to the purpose of the holes:

2i7lnh2.jpg

Guess the perforations are irrelevant as well.

I still believe that Frank Cone Ford had nothing to do with making any "FC/GT" edition, and that the whole thing was dreamt up by the owner to drum up interest.

-Kurt

http://annualmobiles.blogspot.com/2013/06/frank-cone-ford.html

I'm wondering if the seller is this anonymous poster:

Frank Cone was a trusted Ford dealer for years, and was most nowen for his dealer package cars, such as the 3, 71 Mustang convertibles he had made special from the factory. these cars were not in the ford registry, but were made as the first GT with the 351 Cleveland, ram air and all the extras. if you find one of these , - "buy it" they are very rare
Oooh. I love blog commentary areas. Perfect place to really tell someone off.

You might want to read the recent reply.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
The latest (in response to previous):

Dear cudak,
You are obviously delusional, and are a fake, like most internet freaks, DO NOT CONTACT ME AGAIN!
rofl

That's a classic. I will make sure of that - right until someone calls me in to provide expert testimony against him for fraudulent claims.

-Kurt

I just need to have some FC/GT decals made and BAM mines worth 65k too!

Don't change a damn thing your car rocks.

The latest (in response to previous):

Dear cudak,
You are obviously delusional, and are a fake, like most internet freaks, DO NOT CONTACT ME AGAIN!
rofl

That's a classic. I will make sure of that - right until someone calls me in to provide expert testimony against him for fraudulent claims.

-Kurt
Well done Kurt. Every joke needs a punch line and the last post provided it,Jokes on the seller for sure oh and any buyer.

This is the car that keeps on giving.

Shouldn't we, as a forum, pool funds and buy that thing? I mean after all the fun we had with this car we should make it our mascot.

:)

Oh, and Kurt, how can you ruin this guys delusion by replying with common sense? You just don't do that! Bad boy! :)

I thought of something else: My buddy who does all the work on my car is called Frank. When I took the drifting classes in the Mustang I took out a truckload of cones. So basically I have a "Frank Cone" Mustang too, don't I?

Shouldn't we, as a forum, pool funds and buy that thing? I mean after all the fun we had with this car we should make it our mascot.

:)

Oh, and Kurt, how can you ruin this guys delusion by replying with common sense? You just don't do that! Bad boy! :)
Haha.

I thought of something else: My buddy who does all the work on my car is called Frank. When I took the drifting classes in the Mustang I took out a truckload of cones. So basically I have a "Frank Cone" Mustang too, don't I?
Funniest thing I've heard all month.

-Kurt

Maybe the decal stands for "Fake Claims / Great Trickery"

Is it just me or does the font of the FC/GT decal look way too modern for an early 70ies car? I mean it does look good but not vintage correct.

You really want fun? Let's see the forum pool a few bucks and a vinyl cutter and print out a couple of "FC/GT" decals. I'll stick them on the fenders of the rustbucket '72, make a "Frank Cone" dealer invoice to rival this homemade job, and put it on eBay (someone better supply the account) as a gag ad - for $650,000 BIN:

TITLE:

1972 Ford Mustang Mach 1 FRANK CONE FC/GT ELEANOR EDITION

SUBTITLE:

72 MUSTANG MACH 1 Frank Cone GT ELEANOR,ONE OF ONE PRODUCED! ALL NUMBERS MATCHING! WHAT'S LEFT OF IT!

PRE-DESCRIPTION:

ONE OF ONE PRODUCED! ALL NUMBERS MATCHING! 1 FAMILY "OWEND" SURVIVOR CAR, CLASSIC YELLOW UNDER RUST FASTBACK! FACTORY EQUIPPED WITH SPECIAL ORDERED 351 CLEAVLAND MODIFIED Q-CODE ENGINE (NOT RUNNING), ELEANOR RAM AIR HOOD DELETE (NOT THE RIGHT COLOR), SPECIAL 1973 GRILL (NOT INCLUDED), AIR CONDITIONING (NOT INSTALLED), POWER BRAKES & STEERING (NOT WORKING), LOCKING 4:11 GEARS (DAMAGED), VINYL FC/GT DECALS THAT WE PRINTED JUST LAST WEEK, AND A GENUINELY FAKED FRANK CONE DEALER INVOICE TO JUSTIFY ASKING OODLES AND OODLES MORE FOR AN OBSCURE DEALER MOD THAT NOBODY CARES ABOUT!!

THIS WAS A SOLID CAR AT ONE TIME, WITH ONLY 1 FAMILY DOCUMENTED OWNER FROM NEW, BECAUSE IT WAS SOLD ON BILL OF SALE TO EVERY OTHER SCHMUCK WHO TOOK HER FOR A RIDE.

JUST THINK OF IT, FRANK CONE WAS A VISIONARY - HE MADE AN ELEANOR CLONE 2 YEARS BEFORE THE MOVIE EXISTED.

DESCRIPTION:

"THERE IS NOT ANOTHER ONE IN 'EXSISTANCE' UNTIL SOMEONE ELSE CATCHES ON TO OUR SCAM!" This is a Special Eleanor the Movie Car edition FRANK CONE , 351 Cleveland, “GT” all special-ordered car, which really wasn't special at all when it came off the assembly line, and the Marti proves it!

There is perhaps no car more iconic representative of the muscle car era than the Ford Mustang Mach 1. And to prove such, I will include lots of generic information about the Mach 1 - conveniently copy-pasted off the internet - to convince you that this generic trivia is part of the justification of asking way more than this car is worth.

This wonderful 1972 Ford Mustang Mach 1 was partially refinished in its original color code of paint - and a few new ones. It used to be Medium Yellow Gold with a Ginger Mach 1/Sports Decor interior, but we're making sure enough of that interior is gone so we can keep up the charade of saying this is an Eleanor. Truth be told, that's hardly worth noting, given that the pièce de résistance of our sucker-finding scam is the whole Frank Cone dealer package.

I mean, it took us an entire week to realize we could invent a dealer package based on the original dealer invoice, and it took another week to find a vinyl cutter who'd make us some decals to slap on the fenders!

This car is truly a rare find and comes well equipped with features such as the special ordered 351ci V8-4bbl Cleveland Q-code engine - which is so special that over 8,000 were produced in 1972 - a C6 Cruise-O-Matic transmission that's had a shift kit added in it by some hick bozo, bucket seats with center console - which we promptly sold for additional profit, power steering (about the only thing that works), power brakes with homemade aluminum brake lines which will promptly send you into a wall upon your first panic stop, instrumentation group (no instruments, we sold that too!), AM/FM-compatible radio antenna, dry and shot 4:11:1 trac-loc rear end, front Boss spoiler which is no longer there because it was not original from the factory and was promptly sold off to someone (probably the only smart thing you'll read in this ad), black, spraybombed 14" Magnum 500 wheels because we couldn't afford 14x7" steels, color keyed racing mirrors which aren't mounted, complete tinted glass, Heavy Duty battery, and so much more that we couldn't copy/paste from the Marti!

Don't forget, the cylinder heads are still at the shop. We'll send them to you sometime.

Boasting only around 73,000 actual miles - all downhill, apparently - this exceptionally solid Mustang proves that anyone can invent a dealer package with a bit of imagination. I mean, look at those home-made holes in the continuous feed paper. If you actually used continuous feed paper back in the day, you'd be damn well smart enough to realize that no printer would feed this without jamming. But all scams are flawed, right?

Our car began life in July 1972, and forever regretted the day that we got our hands on it. It was sold new as a basic Q-code from Frank Cone Ford-Mercury located in Grand Prairie Texas, and stayed that way until we realized we could scam the freakin' sheet out of some ignorant Ritchie Rich when we first heard about how much money Yenko-style dealer packages would bring. All service records are included, which is comprised of a single CompCams spec sheet, dating back to when someone tried to rebuild this engine for YEE-HAW I'M A REDNECK performance - and wiped it to a nub 5 minutes later. Major maintenance includes a new quarter panel, doors, floorpans, aprons, trunk floor, cowl, and taillight panel. That's the major maintenance YOU have to do, because we haven't done crap to any of that.

Also included with be a Marti report and the Frank Cone dealer package paperwork, which is still hot off the inkjet printer.

One of one

Yes, it's one of one ever made from the Frank cone dealer package optioned cars, just like the Yanker Camaros, (which were owned by real yankers), only this one was made by Frank Cone Ford to be an official replica of Eleanor from the movie Gone in 60 Seconds, which was released two years later.

If you search for another one you won't find one until someone else decides to come up with the same scam - like that guy with the brown convertible who came up with the scam in the first place! Thanks, Delusional Guy!

Just like all 1 of 1 cars on eBay, it's under-documented and we're full of tons of bullshit. No car has a document from 1972 saying that this is the only 1 or 1, and we frankly don't know what we meant by this.

And you are right they didn't make Eleanor until 1974 which is my point. Frank Cone must have bought this car used from H.B. Halicki, which means you must be buying the real "beauty car" from the film! Wow, we really do have a 1 of 1! Hell, we just shit ourselves realizing what a fantastic scam we completely failed to take advantage of!

For those seeking an uncommon classic muscle car that looks like it emerged as the Bog Monster in a bad '70s B-film, there will be few more important cars than this last of the great Mustangs. This Mach 1 represents 1 of only 1 built with this engine/transmission combination and this Frank Cone FC/GT package which we made up about 5 minutes ago. All factory driveline component tags are still present on this car, and we're shocked about it ourselves. These rare Mach 1 are still attainable for most enthusiasts though other sellers; however, we are ensuring that we screw over the vast worldwide classic car marketplace. Soon as we sell this thing off to an unsuspecting idiot, we are leaving the shores of this country with record numbers of Benjamins stuffed in our trench coats, because we truly believe that the unlucky idiot who buys this will hunt us down and plot revenge. We suggest serious potential buyers contact us quickly to secure best investment Grade value scamming. All cars are advertised locally and nationally, just in case we can find an idiot in Tibet or some such place where it'll take them a while just to track us down. We reserve the right to end any listing early upon receipt of deposit, if we should be so lucky. Frankly, we ourselves don't believe it for a minute either.

2enaxpg.jpg

246p10g.jpg

Maybe the decal stands for "Fake Claims / Great Trickery"

Is it just me or does the font of the FC/GT decal look way too modern for an early 70ies car? I mean it does look good but not vintage correct.
Ironically, the uneven edge of the font looks like a product of the '70s.

-Kurt

I just need to have some FC/GT decals made and BAM mines worth 65k too!

Don't change a damn thing your car rocks.
My sentiment exactly. ::thumb::

The original font was done with old school "daisy-wheel" impact printers (medium speed tractor-feed, of course) that typically have gotten out of alignment (which was easy and happened often - lots of moving parts). Reminds me of the old Mod-20 teletypes I used early on in the Air Force when I worked in the Base Communication Center running the AUTODIN messaging systems.

Oh - are you talking about the decals?

What about getting some magnetic decals made, and have everybody from the forums place them on their cars, take pictures, post 'em, and dispel the 'rarity' thing in short order. Maybe make a "sticky" thread ("Post pictures of your "Frank Cone/GT").

Even easier might be to have some Photoshoppers get busy and bust out a few dozen Frank Cone/GTs based on pictures donated from the group.

What about getting some magnetic decals made, and have everybody from the forums place them on their cars, take pictures, post 'em, and dispel the 'rarity' thing in short order. Maybe make a "sticky" thread ("Post pictures of your "Frank Cone/GT").
Even easier might be to have some Photoshoppers get busy and bust out a few dozen Frank Cone/GTs based on pictures donated from the group.
I'm game for Illustrator/Photoshop work to make the magnetic decals - and I'd be in for a vinyl set too. I'll slap them on the yellow '72 rofl

Why doesn't the forum sell replica FC/GT vinyl decals on eBay, as a homage to this car? All proceeds go to the hosting costs.

Another idea: Why don't we all do FC/GT Photoshops? Even if you don't have Photoshop - do it in MS Paint! I'll supply a .PNG later in the afternoon. We can have an appreciation contest. The original owner of this car - the guy who thought up the scam in the first place - is named Charles England. Let's call it "Charles England's Frank Cone Mustang Appreciation Contest."

FYI, GoDaddy says "FrankConeMustang.com" is available.

-Kurt

Frank Cone GT decal for Photoshop and profit, anyone?

This .PNG was made as a vector file in Adobe Illustrator. I can export this as an .AI, .EPS or .SVG file, more or less ready for a vinyl cutter.

frank-cone.png

-Kurt

I like the idea of a Frank Cone photo shop contest.

And the more we type in Frank Cone the more a prospective buyer will find this thread in a google search.
There are exactly three things online about Frank Cone Ford - the dealer picture with the seller's spam comment and the retort, half a million link farm references to the ad, and us.

Pretty good numbers, IMO.

I still say we ought to make a few of those decals in vinyl. Stick them on our project cars pending repaints for laughs.

-Kurt

Lesson 1 don't piss off Kurt, man you should be a Mountie:p Get after him mate.

The photo shop contest would be hell funny and I guess mine Would be a FC/GT/AU. Its only reasonable that Mr Cone's vision extended to Australia, where its performance was equal to the Mighty GTHO phase 3 or GM's A9X

Lesson 1 don't piss off Kurt, man you should be a Mountie:p Get after him mate.

The photo shop contest would be hell funny and I guess mine Would be a FC/GT/AU. Its only reasonable that Mr Cone's vision extended to Australia, where its performance was equal to the Mighty GTHO phase 3 or GM's A9X
Just the facts, fella...

jackwebb0434_00011.jpg

FC/GT/AU? Works for me. Why not an FC/XB too? After all, since Frank Cone didn't do an edition on anything, everything is fair game.

Even our anti-social members can create FC/FU edition ;)

-Kurt

images

Sir please state your name for the court"

My name is Frank Cone"

"Mr. Cone please tell the court how many Mustang GT's you made"

"Remember Mr. Cone....you're under oath"

"well....sir.....I didn't make any"

images

Sir please state your name for the court"

My name is Frank Cone"

"Mr. Cone please tell the court how many Mustang GT's you made"

"Remember Mr. Cone....you're under oath"

"well....sir.....I didn't make any"
Thanks for the laugh... that was funny. I'm also old enough to remember watching that show.

Back