HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THIS?!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Greg. So this car was actually on Ebay when it sold about a week ago. It was posted on BarnFinds where it was talked about. It sold for over $41,000 but I'm not surprised it was relisted. I'm sure the seller had some shill bidders throwing on some bids to drive the price up, but in the end either the high bidder was AWOL or saw the car prior to laying down the money and refused to complete the deal. The car is now sitting at $20,877, which is where it really should stay because the car is clearly a rebody and not a good one at that. The seller has been educated by members on our forum and continues to misrepresent the car. He bought it at Mecum auction a month ago for $22,000, and the car is really not worth that much. He should just take his lumps and let the car go for $20K and move on, in my opinion. But we will see. It's hard to know if the 23 bids on the car are from legitimate buyers. No one familier with this forum or the 429 Facebook forum would be bidding on this car, but it could be someone who knows nothing about the details of real 429CJ cars. If this car were on Bring a Trailer, it would be annihilated.

It looks good at first glance but for the wrong taillight panel, ridiculous chrome Mustang emblems on the fenders just to begin with. Then, as you look deeper it needs a lot to actually look right even if you were to accept that it is a Dr. Frankenstein bolt-up. It has the dual cutouts for the exhaust so the least he could do is put friggin' tailpipes on it - that by itself says the seller is a cheap-ass who is just trying to flip cars with no concern for factual representation. BUYER BEWARE, indeed.

Here's my original post:

https://7173mustangs.com/threads/have-you-guys-seen-this.43695/
Regarding some of the responses above, the car has been run through eBay at "no reserve" five or six times now, but it keeps popping up again and again after selling. I'm thinking friends of the sellers are getting the winning bids or people are playing with the guy. The car is painted 1970 Grabber Green. It is clearly a bad rebody, and I'm thinking the only thing left of the original car is the dash VIN. Look back at the old posts to see the history of the car. Kevin.

Here's my original post:

https://7173mustangs.com/threads/have-you-guys-seen-this.43695/
Regarding some of the responses above, the car has been run through eBay at "no reserve" five or six times now, but it keeps popping up again and again after selling. I'm thinking friends of the sellers are getting the winning bids or people are playing with the guy. The car is painted 1970 Grabber Green. It is clearly a bad rebody, and I'm thinking the only thing left of the original car is the dash VIN. Look back at the old posts to see the history of the car. Kevin.
He is giving real 429 cars a bad name 😠

Back