1971 Mustang Mach 1 - Shelby Europa? For Sale $8,500

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doubtful it's a Europa, but high probability of it being Mexico assembled Mustang.
CWalker on this forum has a Mexican coupe.

Need more details for sure. I HIGHLY suspect it is not a Shelby Europa but I would love to be proven wrong and I will be headed that way if it is. I do suspect it to be a Mexico Mach 1. They were built in sportroof configuration and did have the large Mach 1 callout on the rear quarter panel. Not specifically collectable, but definitely unique.

Attachments

• mexico mach 1.jpg
    mexico mach 1.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 1
As a side note, If that is a Mexican 302 block I see in the engine compartment, it should have the C3OE Hi-Po main bearing caps. Years ago, I worked at an engine shop that bought engine block cores. Thet weren't always useable, but if it was a Mexican 302, I'd remove the main caps, a local Ford dealership would have customers looking for, at that time, the obsolete Hi-Po main caps. The rear main cap, if I remember, was standard thickness on those Mexican blocks.

Ad says it has a "mexican style" VIN, but doesn't show it. Door panels don't match the MexiStangs we've seen, those are US panels. It's jsut a cobbled together mess of parts, so it's tough to tell what it was/is without a VIN.

Back