1971 Sportroof resto mode

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exceso

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Fastback Mustang (resto procesS)
2000 Mustang GT (street racer)
Hey guys,

Changing my thread Here, but this baby about a month and half ago:

Currently restored:

Mechanic (brakes and engine) 80%

Redid brakes, new discs, brake pads, brake oil pump, oil lines, some brake cylinders, new oil brake, etc..

Light and Electric 75% (still working on tachometer and all dash functions to work) redid wiring for headlights and brakelights.

paint and interior are at 0% hahaha will have to take rust off, black red with black stripes will be the color, black interiors.

Currently spent on this car included purchase is about 4,000 USD

Some pics where i found it.

Picture below is where i found it and how I found it.

After the first week we took, carpet cuz it was so freaking smelly behond repair lol and look at the rust in trunk and floor, check engine and fired it up.

Several tries this was the good one.

I really thought engine was a 351 but after looking at the firing order it seems its a 302.

Took the dashboard apart to start working on the gauges to work properly.

On the engine side I was looking on this project:

347 Stroker Kit

http://www.summitracing.com/int/parts/esp-16003030/overview/

something like this should i go with flat top pistons?

INTAKE, HEADS AND CAM

edelbrock http://www.cjponyparts.com/289-302-edelbrock-top-end-kit-367-hp-engine-kit/p/EDL2091/

are those two kits compatibles? and how much power can i expect plus 100 shot nos, I just want a really fast street car and the nos for whenever I go to the drag strip or go wild on the street lol.

ORIGEN.jpg

02 MUSTANG.jpg

15 MUSTANG.jpeg

07 MUSTANG.jpeg

10 MUSTANG.jpg

09 MUSTANG.jpg

20150306_163649.jpg

20150306_163657.jpg

20150306_163746.jpg

20150318_103333.jpg

20150318_100109.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You are making progress.

I'm not a motor guy but I'd think with the quality of petrol in Mexico, the flat tops would be your better choice. Too much compression without enough octane could burn up some pistons. Hopefully some other motor builders will let you know of any compatibility issues.

And then with the extra power from the 'button' - should be plenty. Remember as you add power, other items become more abused/stressed. The weakest links will appear quite rapidly.

Thanks for the pics & videos.

Good luck. Ray

I think that the Edelbrock top end kit are based on a standard 302 engine, you will have much more power with a 347 stroker. The kit will work, but if you want really serious power from it you will have to look for some bigger heads.. The rpm air gap intake should be fine.. I'm going with victor jr heads on my 393w stroker with a rpm air gap intake after what people have suggested me.. I'm a little green on this area, but I have read a lot from the different forums about strokers.. Do a search on google about what people have used on a 347 stroker and maybe do a search with the top end kit on a 347 stroker, you will deffently find some usefull information.. :) By the way it sounds like a fun project, can't wait to see what you are doing to her.. :)

Hey guys,

Finally after 30 days ++ this car is on the streets.

Did a quick video well 2 videos of the car as you can see need a lot of work on the inside, but all the mechanics is good, need to get used to drive this baby, clutch and gas is tricky against the new cars which are electronic hahaha, it probably turn down on me about 10 times but i am getting use to drive without any issues, also something i did notice there is zerooooo back visibility damn thats going to be hard on traffic hahahaha but i wouldnt change a thing of it.

ok so here are the videos, sorry my english.

Back