1972 Convertible Q-code Marti Report

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the interest. I purchased this from the original owner in Omaha Nebraska in 2009. It has ~54k miles on it and except for a new coat of paint in 2008 it is pretty much stock as it came except for the fact that the 8-track no longer plays. I have done nothing except maintenance items since owning it except for replacing one of the exhaust mainfolds and the rear springs. Since moving to Florida a few years ago it has gotten quite a bit more use and this is the time of year that a convertible just makes your day...

Thanks for the interest. I purchased this from the original owner in Omaha Nebraska in 2009. It has ~54k miles on it and except for a new coat of paint in 2008 it is pretty much stock as it came except for the fact that the 8-track no longer plays. I have done nothing except maintenance items since owning it except for replacing one of the exhaust mainfolds and the rear springs. Since moving to Florida a few years ago it has gotten quite a bit more use and this is the time of year that a convertible just makes your day...
It looks like you're maintaining it well! My 8-track stopped working also; I'm sending it out to Retro Radio Restoration (retroradio.biz) to have overhauled.
Enjoy the rides!

I'm a so-cal F code that had a Transplant back in the 70's---Yeah..not sure why the person did it but its a real one.

Sheriff41--thanks for the radio repair recommendation---Their prices look reasonable.

Joe

Attachments

• 1972-ford-mustang-convertible1.jpg
    1972-ford-mustang-convertible1.jpg
    717.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 1972-ford-mustang-convertible2.jpg
    1972-ford-mustang-convertible2.jpg
    578.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 1972-ford-mustang-convertible3.jpg
    1972-ford-mustang-convertible3.jpg
    625.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 1972-ford-mustang-convertible4.jpg
    1972-ford-mustang-convertible4.jpg
    633.8 KB · Views: 1
I am not sure as the Marti report says "special paint Ford # unknown". I think it was close to the color it is now but the PO repainted in 2008 before I bought it.
I thought since you bought it from the original owner, that he told you the special paint code. My understanding is you could special order another color from a different Ford car .

The original owner passed and I bought it from his widow. So I really don't know much more. Even the nooks and crannies look very much like the current paint but it may have been more red than orange. I just don't know.
Have you removed a door panel or door sill and pulled up the carpet? I am always curious about special paints.

Have you removed a door panel or door sill and pulled up the carpet? I am always curious about special paints.
I took this pic of the paint under the dash pad on the passenger side. It is close to the current paint but I think has a little more red in it than the current color.

Attachments

• IMG_1169.jpg
    IMG_1169.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Back