1972 Mach 1 Elite Marti Report

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good looking car Mike,

Interesting that the data plate info says 4/72 build date but dates on right of Marti indicate May build? Not sure what suggestions you were looking for?

Good looking car Mike,

Interesting that the data plate info says 4/72 build date but dates on right of Marti indicate May build? Not sure what suggestions you were looking for?
Great catch! Maybe the data plate info goes by the bucked date?

hmmm. Interesting.

What rims came on it? All it says is 15 inch. My report had the Magnums as option
Since no other wheel option listed but 15 inch tires listed - this car would have the 15 inch steel wheels with trim rings and caps.

Ray

Good looking car Mike,

hmmm. Interesting.

What rims came on it? All it says is 15 inch. My report had the Magnums as option
Since no other wheel option listed but 15 inch tires listed - this car would have the 15 inch steel wheels with trim rings and caps.

Ray
It came to me with 14" Magnum 500 wheels. I bought 15" Mag 500's but they won't clear my new Wilwood 6 piston calipers .:huh:

Good looking car Mike,

hmmm. Interesting.

Ray
It came to me with 14" Magnum 500 wheels. I bought 15" Mag 500's but they won't clear my new Wilwood 6 piston calipers .:huh:
You could buy the new style 17 inch Magnum 500. if you want to sell 15 magnums ,let me know

I meant it came that way when new.

The 14 inch Magnums that were on it when you bought it were most likely reproductions. No 14 inch Magnms were ever used on any 71-72 Mustangs. No Magnums at all for 73.

Whatever came on your car originally had to be 15 inch and since no wheels were specified, original wheels were standard with 15 inch trim rings and caps.

Sorry for the confusion.

Of course your car looks great with Magnums or whatever you decide to run. :)

Ray

The 14 inch Magnums that were on it when you bought it were most likely reproductions. No 14 inch Magnms were ever used on any 71-72 Mustangs. No Magnums at all for 73.

Whatever came on your car originally had to be 15 inch and since no wheels were specified, original wheels were standard with 15 inch trim rings and caps.

Sorry for the confusion.

Ray
Ray, I'm not too surprised. I understand it also came with single exhaust yet it has a duel exhaust valance in the back.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry for the confusion.

Ray
Ray, I'm not too surprised. I understand it also came with single exhaust yet it has a duel exhaust valance in the back.

Mike
Yes - lots of stuff gets changed/added by previous owners...

Back in about 1977 everyone was hitting salvage yards and changing/adding stuff to their cars all the time! Luckily (for me) I didn't change too much! :blush:

Ray

You're so right. If I only would have kept 1/2 of the cars I've had. Oh well... as "ole car guys" we keep on keeping on..... It's interesting you mention 1977. I think that was the year I parked my 73 Q-code at my brother-in-laws house Lancaster, CA. High winds came and a tree blew down and crushed the 73. At that point in time I had gotten into 1/4 mile boat racing with what started out life as a 460 CI and ended up much bigger (I can't remember the specs) but I always ran the blue FORD logo on the intake scoop in a Chevy dominated marketplace. I let the 73 go to the bone yard. BIG MISTAKE! My bad. I will not repeat that mistake again!!! I still have 1 GM product in my garage (79 Corvette), it was my dad's car and although gutless, I'll keep it.

Back