1972 Mach 1 Grille Support

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sooo, something is definitely off with Dynacorn's part imo. As jeff8877 and I come up with the same 21 1/4" and Dynacorn shows 20.5" on their site, measured from the same places, it ain't gonna work!! As this part welds to the bottom frame rails and the fender aprons, I'm just not getting it unless the bottom rail is a different shape, not as deep by 3/4". That's all I can think of. If that is the case, then the top would be correct as it must be and just the bottom needing change...... and that's wrong too!

Capn_morgan, can you measure yours as I did with a straight edge and post your numbers and can you PLEASE post a picture of what you came up with. Same for Rick. I guess the bottom line is, does your hood latch correctly and are the bump stops the right height? More questions than answers right now.

Geoff.

Sooo, something is definitely off with Dynacorn's part imo. As jeff8877 and I come up with the same 21 1/4" and Dynacorn shows 20.5" on their site, measured from the same places, it ain't gonna work!! As this part welds to the bottom frame rails and the fender aprons, I'm just not getting it unless the bottom rail is a different shape, not as deep by 3/4". That's all I can think of. If that is the case, then the top would be correct as it must be and just the bottom needing change...... and that's wrong too!

Capn_morgan, can you measure yours as I did with a straight edge and post your numbers and can you PLEASE post a picture of what you came up with. Same for Rick. I guess the bottom line is, does your hood latch correctly and are the bump stops the right height? More questions than answers right now.

Geoff.
Mine is currently at 21 3/4” but only after some major stretching. Crazy that this hasn’t been pointed out yet.

Geoff.
Mine is currently at 21 3/4” but only after some major stretching. Crazy that this hasn’t been pointed out yet.
Are you saying the top of your cradle is now 1/2" HIGHER than the original 21 1/4"? If that is what I think you mean, does hood clearance become an issue or have I got it all wrong? The numbers I was looking for are as in my pic with the red ink mark-up. I guess at the end of the day, it all works and you're happy with it.

Geoff.

Geoff.
Are you saying the top of your cradle is now 1/2" HIGHER than the original 21 1/4"? If that is what I think you mean, does hood clearance become an issue or have I got it all wrong? The numbers I was looking for are as in my pic with the red ink mark-up. I guess at the end of the day, it all works and you're happy with it.

Geoff.

whoops. Meant 21 1/4” my mistake. 

Measured  mine and it's 20.5 inches and  it looks like the top was pushed down in the middle when they welded it together. From the aprons the top appears to be angled down not up like the pic Stanglover posted. I think top needs pushed up by drilling out spot welds across top.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geoff.

whoops. Meant 21 1/4” my mistake. 
  That sounds better!!

Back