1972 Mustang at 15

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang coupe base 302 automatic
Hey so I’ve always wanted an old Mustang, like it’s always been my dream and I finally bought one a week ago, it runs alright but it’s super rusty and needs a fair amount of work in every aspect, but the good news is it runs. I’ve build a makeshift shop out of a 10-20 ft tent (room for the resto will be cramped) and I bought the basic tools I’ll need. I have a fair bit of knowledge when it comes to what does what and what to look out for, but for the most part I’m here to learn as I go and fun doing it, wish me blessings on this.

Welcome to the forum! This is IMO the best '71 to '73 forum on the net, with lots of posts per day and knowledgeable memberes. Do you have some kind of moisture barrier on the ground in your makeshift shop? How rusty- things like inner and outer quarter panels, rockers, floor pans, etc.? If you are able to weld you could save a ton of money, although it is precision work to make sure everything is properly aligned when securing new panels, especially since these are uni-body cars. But I'm getting ahead of myself, and you will no doubt enjoy getting into this project.

Back