1972 Shelby Europa

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be so damn cool if Rauno joined :D
Now folks, Rauno has joined the forum! ::welcome:: Let him introduce himself once he founds the time to come and write. Cool I would say. He's the guy to ask anything from Shelby Europe and he'll tell you.

Now folks, Rauno has joined the forum! ::welcome:: Let him introduce himself once he founds the time to come and write. Cool I would say. He's the guy to ask anything from Shelby Europe and he'll tell you.
That is too cool. Can't wait to read what he has to say:D

That is Cool!!

But I'm still tring to figure out the Math, 14 cars total, 11 Fastbacks, 5 Convertibles... MMMM if I'm doing this right that makes 16 cars total!! I'm still confused :huh: :D

I wonder if anyone has ever pointed that out, or questioned him on his sign :D

Last edited by a moderator:
That is Cool!!

But I'm still tring to figure out the Math, 14 cars total, 11 Fastbacks, 5 Convertibles... MMMM if I'm doing this right that makes 16 cars total!! I'm still confused :huh: :D

I wonder if anyone has ever pointed that out, or questioned him on his sign :D
Well that's probably why he thinks he has a real shelby...can't read

Its still a pretty neat car, just don't like how this one is uninformed or misleading information to everyone that see's it.

However I kinda like that rear deck lid molded in spoiler type thing, reminds me of the GT/CS mustangs. I wonder how it would look on a coupe?

"There are two Shelby Europa convertibles owned by Rauno Harvima of Finland."

And now he has joined the site. That is really cool. He will be able to provide a lot of excellent history about his convertibles.

Ray

hello folks and greetings from Finland !

My Finnish Mustang friend guided to visit this forum. We share the same interest, i.e., 71-73 Mustangs. Though my interest for Mustangs started in 1990 when I lived in Virginia as getting a 64-1/2 convertible and still having it. After selling Museum-registered both Q-code 73-Grande and H-code 73-convertible, I was able to get a genuine green 1971 Shelby Europa convertible in 2001 and later in 2004 the other ever produced golden-brown 1971 Shelby Europa convertible.

For Shelby Europa background information, in previous texts Wolfgang Kohrn's web-site is mentioned so I will not repeat it. Just to say that changes are coming.

The Shelby Europa chapter in the 1997 Shelby American World Registry Book is now in the process for updating the information and individual car description will be presented as accurate as the data has been available. I do not know exactly when the updated book is available, but expect to be soon.

The 1997 Book info based at that time only on owner information. Later in 2001 Claude Dubois has given to SAAC the detailed list of cars he has sold, including the Shelby Europas. This list has now been cross-referenced against Ford production data (Kevin Marti's data) by SAAC.

Claude produced only two convertibles, I also have Claude's personal statement about this. All genuine Shelby Europas have Claude Dubois' special Data Plate placed in the engine compartment and they carry Bob Ford's DSO-code 33C020 (cars made in 1970) or 48C020 (cars made in 1971). According to Claude's list, all Shelby Europas based on 1971 Mustangs by VIN. All cars were either M-code or the one J-code GT-500. I do also have copies of original sales broschures, parts' list, how the genuine Shelby Europas were made when new.

This 2F03H166254 in NOT a genuine Shelby Europa, but is a very nicely made clone.

But what I feel very bad and sad, is that the presented Shelby Europa table in the 1997 SAAC book page is a fake and fabricated: 2F03H166254 is NOT in the book (I was not successful in loading the page picture of my book, somebody could help?). Though the car is really nicely made clone, I feel that when the car is presented based on a fake SAAC book chapter table as genuine Shelby Europa, then my opinion is that the car is a fake.

About coming changes as a example, my own research has revealed by contacting original and present owner of 2F05Q139410 shown in the SAAC book table, that this cars is not a genuine Shelby Europa, but had a heavily up-powered factory-installed Lincoln engine with 600HP exported directly to Sweden...and was not allowed to drive on US roads ! :)

Rauno... A big welcome to the site from South Carolina. Your insight and knowledge on this subject is much appreciated. Although that is one beautiful car, it appears that the owner is misrepresenting it for whatever reason. I'm sure we would all love to see some pictures of your cars and whatever you could post to help us understand the story of these special cars. Thanks...

Well Im glad I posted the pics of the Car.

It has led to some very interesting information on the Shelby Europa Mustangs and the ability to converse with an expert on this vehicle from the other side of the world. Last Saturday I was walking around a car show in Old Palm Harbor Florida and seen this car and said to my wife, What is that? A week later Im back in Indiana reading a post from someone on the other side of the world who is an authority on these special Shelby Europa Mustangs. Do we live in a wonderful place in time or what, some times it just blows me away at the productive information that can be passed on from one to another so easily. Welcome to the forum Raunoh.

As for the owner of the car in Florida I can not say if he is knowingly passing this off as a legit Europa or is not aware. I did invite him to the forum and he may very well have read this thread as a visitor. Like I said earlier he seemed like a nice man and enjoyed showing me pictures of his car when he re- did the body. I didn't realize the math error on his sign because Im not smart enough to catch things like that without looking at it several times but that alone made me think he may know something is not correct.

For those who asked about the spoiler its similar to the ones listed on Maier racing web site http://www.maierracing.com/. I think he may have customized what they sell because he mentioned them in our conversation.

Good information people, Im glad Im associated with such a fine group as this forum

Dennis

Well Im glad I posted the pics of the Car.

It has led to some very interesting information on the Shelby Europa Mustangs and the ability to converse with an expert on this vehicle from the other side of the world. Last Saturday I was walking around a car show in Old Palm Harbor Florida and seen this car and said to my wife, What is that? A week later Im back in Indiana reading a post from someone on the other side of the world who is an authority on these special Shelby Europa Mustangs. Do we live in a wonderful place in time or what, some times it just blows me away at the productive information that can be passed on from one to another so easily. Welcome to the forum Raunoh.

As for the owner of the car in Florida I can not say if he is knowingly passing this off as a legit Europa or is not aware. I did invite him to the forum and he may very well have read this thread as a visitor. Like I said earlier he seemed like a nice man and enjoyed showing me pictures of his car when he re- did the body. I didn't realize the math error on his sign because Im not smart enough to catch things like that without looking at it several times but that alone made me think he may know something is not correct.

For those who asked about the spoiler its similar to the ones listed on Maier racing web site http://www.maierracing.com/. I think he may have customized what they sell because he mentioned them in our conversation.

Good information people, Im glad Im associated with such a fine group as this forum

Dennis
+1 Well said Dennis.

Rauno, Thanks for sharing and >>>> Welcome from Oklahoma!

Ray

Rauno, Welcome to the forum from Rhode Island.

we are all really Glad to see you have joined this forum, we would love to see Pictures of you Convertible.

Please be an active member of this site, if time allows, from what I have read and heard you have alot of insight on these cars.

Once again Welcome.

Welcome from Luxembourg, Europe. Funny, I've been reading about your cars years ago and now I get to welcome you here. :)

Guys, this is a photograph from Rauno's SAAC book. RAuno was having some issues in linking the picture here, so I helped him out. This is the real page from the book.

DSCN5188_zps04ea55d0.jpg

Hello new friends... I just found this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1972-FORD-SHELBY-MUSTANG-GT-350-EUROPA-CLONE-/251306888196?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3a830ecc04

The clone Europa is for sale.

I have just started on my quest for a 71-73 convertible. Been searching like crazy for a month or so. My first car was a 71 coupe. It was a father/son project... great memories. Looking for a 4 speed... not a full blown project, Just some fun for my 3 sons, wife, myself and my Dad. (Sadly, Mom just passed on 2 months ago...)

--Bob

Back