• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1973 Ford (Mustang) T-5 Grande Coupe

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scammers have become the new norm, it's something I wish our DOJ was aggressively attacking to protect consumers, especially the elderly, but for some reason less and less is being done to go after them.

I reduced the price...

The fake responses keep getting better.

"Thanks for the prompt reply. My name is Rose . I believe my son sent you a message to email me for the sale. I will like to know the lowest price for it and i want you to get back to me with more pictures and its current condition because i can't come over to inspect it. I am buying it locally here as a gift for my son that is studying in the US for his great performance in his study.

I am at sea at the moment as i am an Oceanographer ( i work on South Pacific Ocean in east of New Zealand ) and due to the nature of my work, phone calls is restricted. It was my son that check your advert and sent you a text to contact me (his mother ) on my email address because i am currently offshore .I am really sure he will be more than happy if i am able to purchase it from you because this is what he want and chose from the Advert.

You need not worry yourself about how it will get to him there as i have a contact of shipping company that will be handling the pick up and all the paper work that is needed to be done their in the US they have branches almost everywhere in the US.I look forward to read back from you with details.

Regards"

[bLACK RIGHT-POINTING TRIANGLE] Show quoted text

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
You have to give it to them. An Oceanographer. That even out does the usual BS. Tell them to attach cash to the back of a dolphin and send it your way. Then, you will have a whale shark carry the car to their location.
Twins... Not sure what your name means... But I am a twin.

Yes the stories are getting better, but the main themes remain. I'm very accomplished, I have the money to buy the car... But I'm so busy and out of the country. It's a crazy world...

Sent from my RCT6573W23 using Tapatalk

Scammers have become the new norm, it's something I wish our DOJ was aggressively attacking to protect consumers, especially the elderly, but for some reason less and less is being done to go after them.
J&J...unfortunately our DOJ is busy rabble-rousing to find white on black crimes/injustices.

And the NSA is way to busy screening our various communications to do anything to actual help anyone.

We are so headed in the wrong direction!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I reduced the price...

The fake responses keep getting better.

"Thanks for the prompt reply. My name is Rose . I believe my son sent you a message to email me for the sale. I will like to know the lowest price for it and i want you to get back to me with more pictures and its current condition because i can't come over to inspect it. I am buying it locally here as a gift for my son that is studying in the US for his great performance in his study.

I am at sea at the moment as i am an Oceanographer ( i work on South Pacific Ocean in east of New Zealand ) and due to the nature of my work, phone calls is restricted. It was my son that check your advert and sent you a text to contact me (his mother ) on my email address because i am currently offshore .I am really sure he will be more than happy if i am able to purchase it from you because this is what he want and chose from the Advert.

You need not worry yourself about how it will get to him there as i have a contact of shipping company that will be handling the pick up and all the paper work that is needed to be done their in the US they have branches almost everywhere in the US.I look forward to read back from you with details.

Regards"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
You have to give it to them. An Oceanographer. That even out does the usual BS. Tell them to attach cash to the back of a dolphin and send it your way. Then, you will have a whale shark carry the car to their location.
Twins... Not sure what your name means... But I am a twin.

Yes the stories are getting better, but the main themes remain. I'm very accomplished, I have the money to buy the car... But I'm so busy and out of the country. It's a crazy world...

J&J...unfortunately our DOJ is busy rabble-rousing to find white on black crimes/injustices.

And the NSA is way to busy screening our various communications to do anything to actual help anyone.

We are so headed in the wrong direction!!

While I am not a twin I have them and my family reunions look like a copy machine went wild. We are loaded with twins.

Unfortunately, fraud of this nature is...well nothing really gets done. To some extent it is understandable as the resources aren't there. Recently, I had to investigate a fraudulent apartment rental scam for someone. It took about 10 minutes to unravel and it would be easy to catch the dirt bags in the act but there is just too much other crime going on to go after these people. So, they keep doing it with little ramifications. It's profitable. Any of us could get hit but sadly, the victims are often the people who can least afford it - as was the case with the apartment rental scam. She almost got taken.

Same holds true for credit card fraud. AMEX was angry at me a few years ago when I hunted down the person (it was actually a ring who did supposedly get prosecuted later) who had stolen my credit card data and was using it. Actually got video of him doing so and had to demand that the local police go and secure it from the store so that I did not handle the evidence! AMEX just wanted to forgive the $4000 he charged up in a day or so and send me another card (without even really verifying who I was by the way). Once we got it into criminal court they were pissed because they had to send a representative!

To me, you defraud someone, you steal their identity etc. you should be punished severely. Dirt bags who do so steal the one thing we value most - our identity - and perhaps even more sadly they erode the natural trust we want to have in one another and ruin what should be easy transactions between good people.

What was the question again? :)

I'll trade you all the furniture in my house for that car and I'll add a money order for another 5 K- When can I send my authorized shipper to pick it up? ;)
Hey Jeff... Glad to see you still have your sense of humor. Please keep your furniture and add $10K to your offer and we have a deal Sir.

Thanks...

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Is this car from the dealer in Tifton, GA? I looked at one exactly like it there just a few months back...same paint scheme, T5 export car. It was originally green with vinyl top and avocado interior, but had been changed to blue with black interior.

Is this car from the dealer in Tifton, GA? I looked at one exactly like it there just a few months back...same paint scheme, T5 export car. It was originally green with vinyl top and avocado interior, but had been changed to blue with black interior.
Yes... Its the same car. I cosigned it to them to sell it. If you're interested please let me know.

A few months back, I tried to buy the car for 2-3 weeks, but they would not come down from $18K. I ended up buying a 72 elsewhere.

I sure wanted that car, but they refused to deal on it at all for whatever reason and I could not pay that.

A few months back, I tried to buy the car for 2-3 weeks, but they would not come down from $18K. I ended up buying a 72 elsewhere.

I sure wanted that car, but they refused to deal on it at all for whatever reason and I could not pay that.
Wow... Sorry, it really is a great car. Hearing that really pisses me off. They have had it since Aug. After about 4 months I told them to entertain all offers and let me know when the get one. Well they didn't. If you don't mind I'm going to cut/paste your last post into an email to them. They need to knowbthat I'm very unhappy to hear they had a chance to make a sale and passed on it. What did you offer them? I really do need to move the car for financial/family reasons and I'm not trying to make a killing on it. Anyway thanks for letting me know.

Back