1973 Mach 1 w/29k ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way too much money, nicely optioned 73 Mach 1, but it seems that it needs a complete suspension and brake redo and who knows what else. Seems that the car got a recent repaint and looks good, but I would bet that you could not drive that car without putting a significant amount of work and money on it. You can clearly see the rear brakes are leaking fluid. Seems that this was a decent original car that they resprayed, put an exhaust system in it, an alternator, a battery, and new shocks and put it up for sale. It may be a 29K mile car but it is not what I would consider a survivor. I would bet that this car was put in a garage or a barn for maybe a couple of decades and then pulled out not too long ago and given a cosmetic restoration. The amount of surface rust with little of the factory paint/coatings on the suspension, springs, rear end etc... seem to indicate a car that was left unused for a long time and was just sitting. The leaking rear brakes means to me that this car was not really given the once over or used much, if at all, after the cosmetic resto. You can see it has an old brake master cylinder, and original fuel tank, although it seems that they changed the fuel sender. Not trying to criticize the car too much, as it seems to be a really nice car, its just not a $50,000 73 Mach 1. If I was paying $50K for a 73 Mach 1 it would either have to be a full blown resto, or a low mileage original car that had excellent original paint, excellent interior, and was in better overall condition on the underside with regular maintenance having been done to it. Hagerty list a #1 concourse 73 Mach 1 Cobra Jet car at $58K, a #2 car at $43K and a #3 at $30K. This car is probably between a #2 and a #3 car.

If I have my facts right. An original owner of the documented most loaded (maybe all options available and 4sp.) 73 Mach with low miles in excellent original condition a few years ago couldn't find someone to pay $25.000. I don't think it must have been marketed enough though as it sounded like a bargain. I think it should have been at least a 40K car then. This current car seems way over priced and I think an original paint car is more important then low miles.

Back