1973 Mustang headlight wiring harnesses

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
Hi All, came across these Ford NOS headlight wiring harnesses. These have the plastic connectors for the grill lights instead of the metal connectors. Am I safe to assume that these are for 73’s only? They’ve never been installed but nevertheless both have about an inch of the insulation stripped for the headlight ground wire!?
There use to be a purple tag on one of them but I couldn’t figure out the numbers.
Can someone shine some light on these!

Attachments

• IMG_3635.jpeg
    IMG_3635.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3636.jpeg
    IMG_3636.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3633.jpeg
    IMG_3633.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3634.jpeg
    IMG_3634.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
That's not a Mustang/Cougar headlight harness: no green connector to fuse box, 4 pin plug not a 7123; etc. Plastic sportslamp plugs were introduced mid-71.

I have no idea...I don't work with anything past 1974...

Tag is gone...

That's unfortunate.

My best guess is these are 13076 headlamp harness leads. From the indicator housing, we know it's a later model, IIRC the plastic sockets started in 1972. Obviously it's for a single headlight vehicle with a standard side marker light and not a high end car with cornering lamps. Could be for any Ford made vehicle, even trucks. I'd do some searches on Google, eBay etc for "13076 headlamp harness" or the like.

Back