2013 Fitness thread

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep me out of this... I'm one of the lucky ones who eats whatever he wants and doesn't gain an ounce. FWIW, I'm not overly fond of sweets, and rarely drink sodas. Beer, on the other hand, I can appreciate. :)

::blah::::shrug::

5' 11" and 240lbs... 5 lbs will jump back on me in a weekend if I'm not careful! For me, other than loving most food, I think the key is carbs. I had some success with Carbohydrate Addicts (a version of Atkins) about 10 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I have the following suggestions:

2. If we want to get serious, why don't we "share" a google doc where we weigh in every week. Everyone who wants in on this can PM me, I will add there name to a Google Doc Spreadsheet. Every Sunday or Monday, I will PM you guys to weigh in. Let's see if we can make some headway here.
So far James (wolverine) and I are up for the weekly weigh in... anyone else. We can exchange PMs for encouragement and accountability.

I need to lose weight too. I'm 6"4 and weighed in on Jan 1st at 260. Before a 15 day cruise in November, Thanksgiving and Christmas I was 250; so I picked up 10 pounds in two months. I was at 290 about 8 years ago and made it down to 239 about 2 years ago (after gall bladder surgery). I've dusted off the treadmill and plan on using it on a regular basis.

Count me in. I sent you a PM.

Right now I am 6'4" and about 225lbs. My aggressive goal is to drop 20lbs in the next three months. I have a big hike in the grand canyon coming up and if I drop 20lbs, that's 20lbs I don't have to carry out.

I hike there a few years ago at 203lbs and then again last year at 223. What a difference.

I joined a work place version of "The biggest loser". It's not just weight but they also measure and factor in flexibility, cardio, body comp, strength and something else. This will be a big motivator for me as well.

My biggest opportunity is to get rid of the carbs in a can.

As far as exercise goes the best advice I can give you is from Covert Bailey. He said the best exercise is the one you will do...

Here in Phoenix we have a mountain in the middle of town called 'Camelback'. It's a popular hike and a bit of a challenge. I hike it 4 or so times each week. For some stupid reason it is the 'execercise I will do'.

I'm in for the weigh in,

I'm 6' tall and 278 Lbs, I did loose 50 last year and put most of it back on.

My goal it to loose the 50 agian, but Keep it off this time.

Anyone who wants in, please PM me. It is easier than looking through all the posts. I'll try to get a Google Doc up this weekend.

Hey too late to get in on the action?

I'm 5'9" and 215...was 220 back in August. Most of you will appreciate your advantages that I have a steady diet of beer so you have a chance. I wouldnt say i was rolely polely but do need to get back to goal of 199 and 195 is the ultimate. I use to stand in at 195 on any day....after 50, my wife is a hellova cook and many cases of beer later...here we are

Okay....RPM CARTER needs a dancing partner for the lose the fat behind group.

Pony up ladies...

Well guys month ago I started a diet it was meal replacement shake. The shake is called syntha6. I took the shake in the morning replacing breakfast and at lunch time replacing a lunch meal. When i took the drink i was still hungry so i eat alot of fruit or veggies with ranch. Also i started taking Raspberry ketone. The ketone started woking after about week and a half. What the ketone does is it kills your cravings and by the time you realize it your not hungry and I didnt feel sick because i was taking the shake. I lost about 20 lbs with out no exercise. Just portioning food and taking the shake.

I just saw this thread. I am trying to get back down in weight where is the google doc? I was 283 already down to 267. Realistically want under 250 would love to get down below 220. I am just 6 ft but I look sick under 200 lbs shoulders way to wide.

I'll jump in... actually just started cardio workouts yesterday.. I have Scolosis, ruptured L5/S1 vert, and about 2/3 of my other discs slip sliding to places they shouldn't be. I've used this as a crutch to be a bit lazy over the past 20yrs or so.

Im not very over weight 5'9"' 183lbs but im way out of shape.. got myself a mini tire and too much dough going on..

My goal is to get my cardio up to attempt a half marathon.. after that Im going to start working to strengthen my core in hopes that it improves my back some..

Back