2013 Fitness thread

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pleased to announce that I have gained 5 pounds since New Years.

Right now I'm down 20 from the first of the year. I dropped 15 pretty quick and remained there for a few weeks. I'm just cutting my calorie intake and trying to get some exercise in.

My method is to not eat until my stomach growls then eat enough to feel satisfied, not full.

I've dropped 9 pounds so far. My weight loss has been accomplished by cutting out all sodas (including diet ones) along with most of the bread, pasta, rice and dairy products. I eat all I want of vegetables, fruit, lean red meat, chicken and fish. I had a bad sinus infection and was treated with steroids and antibiotics or I am sure the weight loss would be greater. Short vacation with the kids resulted in a little back sliding or it would be 12 pounds already.

I haven't weighed myself in a while but I would guess I loss about 20lbs since about mid January, I lost 10 lbs in the first 5 weeks so I kind of guesstimated. I have been eating less and trying to eat healthier while working out from 1 to 2 hours 4-5 times a week.

That is great, J!

I have lost a few pounds simply by taking my lunch rather than going out to grab a bite... Probably saving some money at the same time.

It's amazing how many hits this thread has.

I am down 35, from 216 to 181(old battery in scale, 186 new battery in scale). Every time I go to reach for that extra piece of filet, or the second chicken leg, I think of how skinny Doc is. I don't think they deliver food up to where he lives. Either that or maybe by the time they get it up the hill to him all of the calories are dried up.

The good thing is I haven't spent any money on groceries in weeks. I pretty much bring home half my lunch and share it with the wife for dinner.

It's hard to be humble and not be a fat ass....but I am happy to be batting 1 for 2.

And, for what it is worth, I pretty much considered this "gluten free" stuff to be a bunch of crap. I love my bread almost as much as my beer. But, part of not eating means no bread. And I noticed how much more nimble I am (I was going to say less stiff, but screw you guys).

For 10+ years now, when I would sit for just a few minutes, it was hard to change positions, let alone get up. When working on the car and being stuck in the same position for a few minutes, it was hell and time to get up. But now, I am as nimble as a lap dancer at a Motley Crew after party, probably more so.

It's amazing how many hits this thread has.

I am down 35, from 216 to 181(old battery in scale, 186 new battery in scale). Every time I go to reach for that extra piece of filet, or the second chicken leg, I think of how skinny Doc is. I don't think they deliver food up to where he lives. Either that or maybe by the time they get it up the hill to him all of the calories are dried up.

The good thing is I haven't spent any money on groceries in weeks. I pretty much bring home half my lunch and share it with the wife for dinner.

It's hard to be humble and not be a fat ass....but I am happy to be batting 1 for 2.

And, for what it is worth, I pretty much considered this "gluten free" stuff to be a bunch of crap. I love my bread almost as much as my beer. But, part of not eating means no bread. And I noticed how much more nimble I am (I was going to say less stiff, but screw you guys).

For 10+ years now, when I would sit for just a few minutes, it was hard to change positions, let alone get up. When working on the car and being stuck in the same position for a few minutes, it was hell and time to get up. But now, I am as nimble as a lap dancer at a Motley Crew after party, probably more so.
rofl

James - Go rob a bank and get back to work on your car, so that you have reasons to post here more often. :p BTW I've decided to withdraw all the funds from my retirement account and go on a spending spree. I'm going to collect all of your posts from this forum and publish them in a book called, "The Wit and Wisdumb of Woverine" or something like that, and then retire. :D:D

rofl

James - Go rob a bank and get back to work on your car, so that you have reasons to post here more often. :p BTW I've decided to withdraw all the funds from my retirement account and go on a spending spree. I'm going to collect all of your posts from this forum and publish them in a book called, "The Wit and Wisdumb of Woverine" or something like that, and then retire. :D:D
By the way...I have just decided to get into the publishing business.

You know where to send the check.

Back