22 years

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Mustang Mach 1
72 Mustang Mach 1 (parts car)
22 years ago today I walked on to Person Fords lot in San Diego hoping to find a cabernet red 5 speed GT. Rite away I found the row of 8 or 9 mustangs. But no cabernet red GTs. Oh well i'll find one. So I walk back out to the street to jump in my 71 Grande and move on to the next dealer. When this sales man chased me down like they do. He asked what I was looking for. I told him. He thought for sure they had one and he would go check. We all herd that before.:dodgy: About 10 minutes later he comes back and tells me they have one, we just need to locate it. Sure enough we took a walk around and their it was sitting with the Taurs's. I told the sales man that I wanted to see the factory invoice and I would give them 500.00 over. The sales manger said no problem because its a 89 and they already had gotten 1990s in. So we maid the deal for 15k out the door and I left Person Ford side ways with just 4 miles on it. I flew home and got my mom so we could go back and get my Grande. So I let my mom drive my brand new 5.0 home. Well I followed her on the freeway I drove on her left then on her right. I just could not believe it. I was watching my Bad Ass 5.0 rolling down the freeway.Its been a fun 22 years. So after work today I took it for a ride and drove it like I stole it. What a great car.

50gt.jpg

These are the next classics. Here's mine that I gave to my son...it's the same age as he is. :D

fp2x4j.jpg

These are the next classics. Here's mine that I gave to my son...it's the same age as he is. :D

fp2x4j.jpg
Don,that is a nice looking car! I helped my youngest son buy strawberry red 93 LX 5.0 5spd. It was fast and pretty. We wished we still had it. We had to sell it because he did not hold up his end of the bargain.:(

Don,that is a nice looking car! I helped my youngest son buy strawberry red 93 LX 5.0 5spd. It was fast and pretty. We wished we still had it. We had to sell it because he did not hold up his end of the bargain.:(
Thanks Eddie. I'm worried about him holding up his end of the bargain too but so far so good. He really likes the car and says he gets compliments on it all the time. Welcome to the club son. :cool:

fp2x4j.jpg
I had the exact same color 93 gt a few years back. Had some work done to it. 347 stroker bigger injectors, chip, 373 gears 5speed. Wow was that thing FAST!!! Its would smoke my 71 mach with a cleveland and 400 hp. Thing weighed half what my mach does. But anyhow but of those fox bodies are sharp. i will definately have one again someday.

22 years ago today I walked on to Person Fords lot in San Diego hoping to find a cabernet red 5 speed GT. Rite away I found the row of 8 or 9 mustangs. But no cabernet red GTs. Oh well i'll find one. So I walk back out to the street to jump in my 71 Grande and move on to the next dealer. When this sales man chased me down like they do. He asked what I was looking for. I told him. He thought for sure they had one and he would go check. We all herd that before.:dodgy: About 10 minutes later he comes back and tells me they have one, we just need to locate it. Sure enough we took a walk around and their it was sitting with the Taurs's. I told the sales man that I wanted to see the factory invoice and I would give them 500.00 over. The sales manger said no problem because its a 89 and they already had gotten 1990s in. So we maid the deal for 15k out the door and I left Person Ford side ways with just 4 miles on it. I flew home and got my mom so we could go back and get my Grande. So I let my mom drive my brand new 5.0 home. Well I followed her on the freeway I drove on her left then on her right. I just could not believe it. I was watching my Bad Ass 5.0 rolling down the freeway.Its been a fun 22 years. So after work today I took it for a ride and drove it like I stole it. What a great car.
Neat story and great looking Foxbody! I really like the looks with the two-tone effect.

Neat story and great looking Foxbody! I really like the looks with the two-tone effect.
I agree, I like the two-tone effect. Back when you saw these cars on the road every day I didn't see the two-tone ones very often. Nice touch.

Awesome car man! Good story too. I almost bought and 83gt before i got my 71. I love my 71, but someday i just have to get one of those foxes!

Their are good deals to be had. 4-5k will get you a nice one.
True statement! It's getting harder to find them unmolested & in stock form. They are so easy to hot rod them and the aftermarket suppliers seem to have loved the 5.0 that many of the cars have been modded in one way or another. Mine is all stock except for a MAC exhaust. :) I firmly believe these are the next classics and their prices will rise accordingly.

Their are good deals to be had. 4-5k will get you a nice one.
True statement! It's getting harder to find them unmolested & in stock form. They are so easy to hot rod them and the aftermarket suppliers seem to have loved the 5.0 that many of the cars have been modded in one way or another. Mine is all stock except for a MAC exhaust. :) I firmly believe these are the next classics and their prices will rise accordingly.
With NPD gearing up with parts it wont be long. I boxed up all my factory part for safe keeping. I still have the original spark plugs and air filter. I wish I still had the Good years Gator Backs.:mad:

Latest posts

Back