2V cam

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a pretty mild cam, you shouldn't have any issues with it. I've been using a comp cams 280h for over 6 years with no problems. To me the 280 seems a little small but there is nothing wrong with running a mild cam for a nice cruiser. Next time I will go bigger in cubic inches and cam on my windsor because I like alot of kick from my engines . But looking at your engine build it looks like it should be pretty stout, it will be a blast.

Last edited by a moderator:
KT-69,

Take a look at the Edelbrock Performer Plus Cam. This is the one I installed some years ago. Works really good. + 1 on the fulcrums. if anything, replace the rocker and fulcrums with the 4 V parts. Much better. A little more kick would be the PERFORMER RPM CAMSHAFT.

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/mc/camshafts/ford-bb.shtml

mustang7173

I pulled the trigger on the Cam Research Corp cam. The $60 breakin feature plus knowing it is made from USA steel in the USA by a company with a good reputation cinched it for me. It did cost around $100 more than off the shelf generic cam kits. Now my only other decision to make is whether to go with the stud conversion kit or stay with the OEM rocker screws.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back