• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

3.25 gears

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1 460 crites headers,summit cam ,edelbrock dual plane hi-rise intake,edelbrock 780 carb,C-6 trans,Pertronix flamethrower 2 billet distributor & coil
Trying to get my peg leg pony grabbing both hooves. :p Got a nice 28 spline trac loc unit from a member . Want to take the 2.75's out and shooting for 3.25's. Hoping someone may have an extra kicking around in good shape . just need the gears for a 9 "

Trying to get my peg leg pony grabbing both hooves. :p Got a nice 28 spline trac loc unit from a member . Want to take the 2.75's out and shooting for 3.25's. Hoping someone may have an extra kicking around in good shape . just need the gears for a 9 "
go to ebay and do a search for TJ REBERT. he builds the best SHEET at the BEEST prices.

hes built me too. however, the only thing i got laying around is a 3.70 wavetrac 35 spline diff that cost me 1800lbs. now running a spool 4.11.

i believe he has nice units in the 500 range for mild builds. it'll include factory cases and new diffs though with any gear you want.

i'd suggest a 3.50 gear with a 460.

Talk to Don of OMS.

That is where I got my 3.50 Trak Loc.

mike

Thanks for the ideas guys . I have the trac loc , just don't want to put it together w/ the 2.75. I'll keep looking , maybe have to go new .

Funny thing about gears sets. All the performance professionals i spoke with said that original ford gears are always the best. And not the ones in cars made over the last few years. They meant he original 40 yr old gears. I laughed and paid for a new set of motive gears that were set up in my new Strange Nod 3rd member with a TruTrac LSD. The guy setting it up said he didnt guarantee sets below 3.50 because they always whine. This is a guy that is well known for rear sets! Sure enough my 3,25's started to make noise after breakin when i started doing burnouts. Swapped in a set of ford gears from a 65 fairlane. Smooth as silk now. Go figure.

Back