351 Boss or Cleveland 8.8 mm plug wire looms

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1, Grabber Blue w/Argent stripes. Original 2V 351C Auto, Tilt, rear defog, Black Comfortweave Interior. Under restoration. Original colors, 4V 351C, 4-Speed, Spoilers, Magnums, Ram Air. All Ford parts.
I'm sure someone else has experienced this, but I need some help.

On my car I have an original set of Boss valve covers with the original Spark plug wire looms on the top of the cover,(Also known as plug wire holders<)

The problem is that our cars originally came with a 7mm dia plug wire that easily snaps into the original looms. I have some Accel 8.8mm  internal suppression wires on my car, and they are too large diameter to fit in the original clips, or looms.  What does everyone else do?  I want to keep a lot of stuff fairly original looking so I am NOT interested in the custom loom kits from the auto parts stores.

1) Do any of the Mustang vendors sell a plug wire loom that will snap on the valve cover bracket and have oversize loom holes for the 8.8 mm wire?

2) Has anyone drilled out the original style to allow the 8.8mm to snap in?

Suggestions are appreciated.

kcmash

Back