351 C Looking for finned aluminum valve covers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spdbk1

Reaction score
My Car
73 mach 1 351c 4v middle of restoration
Anybody got set of finned aluminum valve covers 351C

That's the big question...what do you want them to say? So many options there...

The aftermarket valve covers are more heavy duty than the originals too, I just had the lettering removed from a set of Ford Motorsport valve covers to make them look a little more like the originals. Good luck!

Anybody got set of finned aluminum valve covers 351C
I can’t remember where I bought these but they were around $150 a few years ago. They came in black, I put on 4 coats of Ford corp blue, baked them in the oven for an hour and sanded off the hight points on fins and lettering..

Attachments

• 1BB45AC7-46D2-42A1-91A6-DCA0BB4E2E8F.jpeg
    1BB45AC7-46D2-42A1-91A6-DCA0BB4E2E8F.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 2
  • 7D8AD238-85DC-4C54-BD39-92F0B008B8E4.png
    7D8AD238-85DC-4C54-BD39-92F0B008B8E4.png
    454.5 KB · Views: 1
Every once in a while you find a deal on these old Cal Custom covers for a 351C - I scored a set at a swap meet and painted them blue and silver. They do work with roller rockers but you have to grind the internal drippers off.

Attachments

• IMG_3740.jpg
    IMG_3740.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
There is a company selling the covers just like the original Boss covers, only missing the spark plug wire loom bracket. NPD sells the bracket, as well as many other Mustang suppliers. The name of the company that makes the replacement Boss covers escapes me right now. I do remember seeing them and thinking that I should get a set just because. Anyway, I'm not much help, huh.

There is a company selling the covers just like the original Boss covers, only missing the spark plug wire loom bracket. NPD sells the bracket, as well as many other Mustang suppliers. The name of the company that makes the replacement Boss covers escapes me right now. I do remember seeing them and thinking that I should get a set just because. Anyway, I'm not much help, huh.
Ansen made the original ones for Ford. They still make the aftermarket ones. https://www.ansenvalvecovers.com/

Asen valve covers are quality. I wanted no logos but were out of stock during covid. My wife liked the 408 callout. She let me spend way too much money on the engine build so 408 logo it is.

Attachments

• IMG_2937.JPG
    IMG_2937.JPG
    469 KB · Views: 1
Ansen made the original ones for Ford. They still make the aftermarket ones. https://www.ansenvalvecovers.com/
Looks like Ansen is who makes the ones sold under Ford Motorsport...I have a black set that need some refinement to the baffle to clear roller rockers.

I wish someone made the 429 CJ style. I like how both the Boss 351 and the CJ's finned area is horizontal...just makes the engine look really sharp, IMO.

I'm going to reply to my own entry. I just found my catalog that shows the aftermarket valve covers that look just like the factory Boss 351 cast aluminum ones. They're sold by "Racing Parts Company", RPC , as Sherrif said. You can Google them. My catalog shows part #R7638 as the polished set, and #R7639 as having a black finish. Aside from not having the spark plug wire loom tab ( which can be added), they look like the factory covers. I did google them today and only found the black covers, ( I think you can just remove the black finish if you want), however, I will call them tomorrow, and am going to buy a set either way.

Ansen valve covers are quality....
Looks like Ansen is who makes the ones sold under Ford Motorsport...I have a black set that need some refinement to the baffle to clear roller rockers.

I agree 100%. In my experience, Ansen is a great vendor! I'm working with Ansen on an oil baffle solution for my OEM 1970 Shelby valve covers. Paula and Jonathan really came through for me and shipped out some baffles to test fit in my valve covers the same day. It was a super easy deal, I will definitely do business with them in the future.

It looks like RPC has some nice stuff too!

Back