351 Cleveland and PCV help

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parforever

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
I have a 351 Cleveland in my 71 Mach 1 and have a huge vacuum problem with the crankcase hose...almost sucks as hard as a vacuum cleaner :) Discovered there is not a PCV hooked up so probably the issue. Pretty sure all vacuum hoses are hooked up right according to schematic. Right now I have a hose going from the oil fill hole (it has a top with an elbow) and the hose is hooked up to the back of the carb. On the other side the crankcase hose is hooked up to the air breather right next to the charcoal canister hose in the breather.

Are these hoses hooked up the right way? Do I put the PCV in the hose line going from the oil fill hole to the carb? PICs would be great with the air breather off.

Thanks...

Do I put the PCV in the hose line going from the oil fill hole to the carb? PICs would be great with the air breather off.
Yes, the PCV valve goes in the oil fill cap on the left side of the engine. It sounds like you have it hooked up correctly.

Latest posts

Back