351 Rear End

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you do this install, make sure to get new carrier nuts and washers,the copper washers are part of the seal. when you pull the axles make sure they just dont lay there on the seals or you can damage them causing them to leak. in fact it's a good time to pull them and inspect the splines,bearings and seals. I'm sure jeff will make sure the clutch hub and side gear are lined up before sending the pig. with this lower gear you need to conscider the pinion angle, i would recommend +4 deg leaf sping shims to compensate for ring gear climb. this work is so much easier to do with the axle off the car, plus you can easily clean up the axle and paint it for a really nice look.

Jeff, thats a smokin price on that diffy, you wouldnt happen to have a spair D2SW pinion support laying around?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you verified that your axles are 28 spline? You don't need to remove them, just look at the end and the 28 splines have a sort of rectangular depression and the 31's usually have a small hole in the center with two larger holes all in line.

I can't imagine 31 spline axles with your current gear ratio, but . . . ?

Back