• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

351C Oil Slinger Ring

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piper62j

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Q-Code Mach 1. Full restoration in progress.
Hi All.

Took the front of the engine down to replace leaking gaskets and found the crank shaft oil slinger ring missing.

Old P/N D0AE-6310A

Upgraded P/N D0AZ-6310A

Does anyone have a slinger or know where I can get one? Ford only goes back to 81. Not sure if it will fit or not.. Local junk yards don't have any..

Thanks for any info you can provide..

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you using a double roller timing chain, if so it won't fit and that's why it's probably missing. When I tried to put mine on it had clearance issues with the timing cover.

Are you using a double roller timing chain, if so it won't fit and that's why it's probably missing. When I tried to put mine on it had clearance issues with the timing cover.
Yes, there is double roller chain setup there.. I did not work on this engine. It was rebuilt by the previous owner..

Will the missing slinger ring have any adverse affect?

Jbojo is the man :bravo:

kxg7a.jpg

Paul

Yes, there is double roller chain setup there.. I did not work on this engine. It was rebuilt by the previous owner..

Will the missing slinger ring have any adverse affect?
Been running mine for awhile now with no issues. I think it's there to help with oil leaking from the front seal and no issues there either.

It all depends on the lower timing chain sprocket weather it can be reused or not. The bevel faces out towards the timing cover to sling oil onto the fuel pump eccentric. The harmonic balancer snugs up to it once installed. If left out I've seen it wear the fuel pump arm but not the eccentric because it's hardened. This is one from a 351c Holley fuel pump on my old 351c engine.

IMG_2757_zpsmtkbmdrc.jpg

I assume it had more pressure. Pump diaphragm is much bigger than a stocker. About 3000 miles. Started making noise and this is what I found. But after I installed a stock pump and oil slinger, I had barely a mark when the pump was removed after approx 11k miles.

The definition of what a oil slinger does in that caption is completely incorrect.

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are great.. Thanks for all the info.. I went ahead and buttoned up for front of the engine and will let it run the way it is for now.. The double roller chain in there now is new and I don't want to junk it for the single roller.. Besides, I can't locate a slinger ring..

Anyone know where I can get a slinger ring????????????

Back