351C Parts from a 70 Mach1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The heads aren't 1970 with the 4Dot. Open/Closed who knows.
Actually the 70s are just the large 4 the 71-73 low compression use the 4dot marking system, so if they are just the large 4 they are correct 1970 4v quench heads good luck!

Not sure of your source, but my 1973 OC heads have nice big "4"s in the corners
Well I have been racing and restoring early mustangs for the past 35 years and in that time frame I have seen many many cylinder heads and everyone of them with the dot is an open chamber low compression head. A possisble explanation could be that a racing organization would give weight breaks or penalties for the different cylinder heads in different classes. The dot is easily filed or ground off by unscrupulous people or lets say bending of the rule book, or even sell them on a car and say they are the High Compression versions when they are not!:-/ Been thru both scenarios-

Not sure of your source, but my 1973 OC heads have nice big "4"s in the corners
Well I have been racing and restoring early mustangs for the past 35 years and in that time frame I have seen many many cylinder heads and everyone of them with the dot is an open chamber low compression head. A possisble explanation could be that a racing organization would give weight breaks or penalties for the different cylinder heads in different classes. The dot is easily filed or ground off by unscrupulous people or lets say bending of the rule book, or even sell them on a car and say they are the High Compression versions when they are not!:-/ Been thru both scenarios-
The early 71 4V heads had 4 dot and closed chambers. Here is some pics of my early 71 4 dot closed chamber heads. I be leave it was mid 71 the compression dropped.3514V 006.jpg

4V heads 001.jpg

4V heads 003.jpg

Back