3D Computer Rendering

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as the 'vert, I'd have to get way too detailed on the interior...I have to get way better with this first! As for color, I've been messing around with it, but there's just so much involved with getting it to look like a real paint job that it's taking me a while to figure it all out.

Keep at it - it's looking awesome so far!

I have some experience with Tru-Space 3D and Bryce and making some basic shapes (nothing as complex as yours), then skinning them with various textures. It can be tough to get the look exactly right... and it sounds like you're every bit as picky about the details as I am.

I still have some tweaking to do here and there, but here's what I've got. It has so much more to do with lighting and environment than I thought to get the reflections right! What do you guys think? It should be all done in a few more days, with 2 views, and hopefully a nicer background.

painted.png

OK, so after literally ALL weekend, and the last 2 nights of messing around with lighting and environmental effects for reflections, I was finally about 95% happy with the results. So I made a few views and came up with this final rendering. I say final, but I'm so damn anal that I'll probably tweak it some more at some point. But for now, I'm sick of looking at it, so I'm gonna take a break from the '71 and practice a little more by doing a model of my '00 GT daily driver.

Obsidian71Render.png

I like the montage a lot. Seeing all the angles at once it very cool.

Oh my God!, is a lot like my '71 Mustang, except for the air intakes on the bonnet type "AIR RAM"

Mike you are a very talented guy. I wish I could render before I build, sure would save on redos! LMAO.

Its amazing how close your rendering comes to the KigerStang 72 Mach Im building. Its also all black with black carbon fiber accents, bumpers etc.

Shelby rear with a molded custom look that eliminates all the chrome trim. Oversized polycarbonate windshields make the glass look seamless on the body.

I love the look, again, its very close to what Im building. Too bad you are as far from Florida as you can get. My company is always looking for graphics artists. We have a solidworks and REV-IT department that renders all our products for bid prior to order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Obsidian11 and many others on here are very talented in the digital imaging and design concerning our cars.

I just found this one that while pricey to use the 3D version, it is really cool. They usually miss the mark as far as originality but hey it is much better than any of my digital attempts. :) The rear quarters and rear end just look a little off on this model. Especially if you look at the 71 blue convertible on the model website.

http://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/car/sport/ford-mustang-sportsroof-1971

3D 72 Mustang Sportsroof.JPG

3D 72 Mustang Conv.JPG

3D 72 Mustang Conv rear.jpg

Ray

Back