71-3 Mustang Go Cart bodies

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see a convertible on your (near) future, Don! LOL

And these don't take up much space!!!

I agree - these are really cool. And those little electric motors can be pretty quick on takeoff.

Ray

I see a convertible on your (near) future, Don! LOL

And these don't take up much space!!!

I agree - these are really cool. And those little electric motors can be pretty quick on takeoff.

Ray
Oh heck yeah! Except we're about to have 6 kids so like everything else, one won't be enough if I ever want to drive it! :p

Oh heck yeah! Except we're about to have 6 kids so like everything else, one won't be enough if I ever want to drive it! :p

LOL!!! Don,

You need to do like this fella and build one for each!!

Of course you could do all 71-73's here are some for inspiration!

LOL!! Don,

You can do like this fella and do one for each!!

71 conval.JPG

71-72 mustangs.jpg

DSC06804.JPG

189553457_864b195221.jpg

untitled8.jpg

jrs.jpg

jrs2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like those alot...would be cool to make a nasa hood version..hehe...They so rare wish i had the extra too pick it up!!
Well, he makes the 71-73 body new now so no hurry he can make you one anytime you are ready!! I provided my original 71-73 body to pull the mold from the new bodies are really cool!

I did my in an original Gone In 60 Seconds paint scheme.

IMG_3025.jpg

Those are cool; now all I need are some grandchildren!

No need, Adults fit in them just fine!!! Can't let the kids have all the fun!!

IMG_3037.jpg

Here's the guy's page that makes these cars & parts...

http://www.jrcentral.com/resources.html
I know this guy, and he's very passionate about the JR's, despite the fact that he is too large (heavy) to actually drive one. He did, however, let me drive one. It was a real blast to drive one into a large cruise-in and park next to a corvette; it immediately sucked away any attention that 'vette got!

hotshot.jpg

Well if anyone is interested ..I have a bunch of racing kart stuff..3 complete karts..motors..carbs..etc...Was into it big time..Built all my own motors..running on straight methanol..If i was doing one of these bodies..It would be going on one of these chassis..(1 of the 3 for sale I have) ..I think this weekend I will post up an ad on here..Of what I have for sale.

For sale

100_0686.JPG100_0689.JPG100_0688.JPG

Here I am with a sick open motor kart I built..75-80 no problem..Sounds like a harley (Not for sale)

kart.jpg

My oval racer For sale

kart1.jpg

I think a modern cart was used for this t-bird, I dont think anyone has done it with a Mustang yet , it would be cool to see a high speed Mustang Junior flying by!

Somewhere on Youtube is a video or 2 on this car.

5672653480_8a2580e6f8_z.jpg

I know this is a old topic, But i am going to be building some go karts like these and would like to be able to get a mold to make a few bodies. Does anyone know who/where I can get this information?

I know this is a old topic, But i am going to be building some go karts like these and would like to be able to get a mold to make a few bodies. Does anyone know who/where I can get this information?
Yes,

www.jrcentral.com is the place. He has the molds, he will sell you the bodies, not the mold to clarify.

Not necessarily on here but I do remember someone posting where they bought one. I didn't see anything after that though...

Since there is not a huge demand, I would think it much easier to just buy from him. He would probably offer a volume discount.

Best of luck and keep us posted please.

Ray

The guys prefers to work by check or money order. This makes me uncomfortable when working with someone new. Anyone used and trust him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thoughts? He asked me this question.

I will need to know a few things as we can customize the body for your needs.

1. do you want the Mustang letters on the trunk?

2. do you want the pony and corral in the grille? I see your car has a different grille treatment.

both 1 and 2 can be filled in with clay before the fiberglass work starts giving a flat surface in those areas instead.

3. do you want a black or white steering wheel?

We worked out the money stuff. He's going to try and make hood scoops. He asked this question. Anyone can tell me how? Q?

If you can make a wood buck miniature of your fog lights I can vacuum for the lens on clear plastic. And the base in plastic with embedded bolts to mount.

How?

I've met and known the vendor since circa 2001...he's salt of the earth and can be trusted. He knows more about these junior cars than anyone else around. He does this as his hobby/side business (as do I), and most of us can't afford the fees associated with credit card transactions when our yearly gross is so low.

I need opinions quick.

He can just leave the grill area blank for me to figure out how to Mach 1 it later or I can keep the pony in the corral. Opinions?

Back