• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted '71-'72 ignition and door lock set

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang convertible
I'm looking for a nice original '71-'72 ignition and door lock set with keys. I know I can buy a reproduction set for less than $50 shipped, but I prefer to use original FoMoCo parts when I can get them.

Same here, Does anyone have a good door and ignition set? with keys? I ordered a set through Oriely and it was very poor. Would rather have a O.E set.
Thanks for your help!
Please, Email me at [email protected]

I'm looking for a nice original '71-'72 ignition and door lock set with keys. I know I can buy a reproduction set for less than $50 shipped, but I prefer to use original FoMoCo parts when I can get them.
I have my originals with a key in a box somewhere, I will look for them. They worked well and it had two sets when I bought the car both were O.E. but one set had two keys and the other only had one, that's how I chose one over the other, lol.

I purchased the repros on eBay and had no problem. The door locks are a pain of course and the ignition lock was a breeze. From time to time on eBay, OEM new old stock will show up at a premium price.

I have my originals with a key in a box somewhere, I will look for them. They worked well and it had two sets when I bought the car both were O.E. but one set had two keys and the other only had one, that's how I chose one over the other, lol.
Thank you,
If you find the set please let me know so I can purchase those. Thank you
Rod
[email protected]

*****WARNING***** I posted the ad above for a key lock set for my 71 mach 1. I received a response from what I felt was a member on the forum.
He emailed me through my email address that i posted in the ad. He gave me the price and the amount wanted for the lock set and asked that I pay with Pay pal. I used his email address that was given ( Ricky Fowler423 @ gmail .com) .
I contacted him to make sure he received the payment of $50.00 ? he then emailed me again and told me to use another email address because the initial one he gave wasnt linked to Pay Pal. I canceled that 50.00 transaction and I re-sent the payment to the new email address he provided
( [email protected]) A womans name was attached to that email address with the last name as DULa.)
The forum has people preying upon us so beware. Im out 50.00 just happy it wasnt more than that. I would ask the officers to block this member if he actually has an account with the forum? as he is a CON artist.

Last edited:
I forgot to THANK
Mike Berardi
Motorcity Mustang LLC
He got me fixed up with the locks I needed. For several years he has found parts and sold them at a minimal charge to me. Thanks Mike for all you do.
Rod

I forgot to THANK
Mike Berardi
Motorcity Mustang LLC
He got me fixed up with the locks I needed. For several years he has found parts and sold them at a minimal charge to me. Thanks Mike for all you do.
Rod
Always glad to help out!!

Back