71-73 performance and price.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want to drive it often and far and if economy may be an issue... consider the 302. Clevelands are notorious for poor fuel economy even in the 2v configuration. I've been working on economy this summer and have gotten a high of 15 mpg. So far. :D
LOL. I get about half that.
I thought of a 302 but that is an awful heavy car for one. MPG is not a concern of mine so 351C 2V is my first choice.

If you want to drive it often and far and if economy may be an issue... consider the 302. Clevelands are notorious for poor fuel economy even in the 2v configuration. I've been working on economy this summer and have gotten a high of 15 mpg. So far. :D
That is probably because Clevelands were designed for NASCAR. Actually got around 18 MPG on a recent road trip in my '71 M-code with toploader. Around the city I don't know. Another reason is explained in my Eminger invoice where the dealer pumped 12 gallons of premium fuel (100+ octane back then) for a total cost of $4.

mike

Back