71 Finally Painted

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got any "before" pics??
Sweeet, love the hood profile. Did you purchase an aftermarket hood or did you installed the cowl to the original hood. I am looking to do the same after i install the funnelweb intake to my cleveland. Also what back spacing did you use for your wheels??::goodjob::

Paint and striping are done. Next is drivetrain install.
This is the same way i am planning to build my 1973 Mach 1. Damm I am going crazy looking at your pics. If possible can i contact you to get some insight on your build.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's accomplishments:

Insulate firewall and cowl

Install AC unit

Install column/pedal support

Built a mock-up of the fuel tank

Started mounting the painless fuse block, MSD, and TCI computer.

Got any "before" pics??
Sweeet, love the hood profile. Did you purchase an aftermarket hood or did you installed the cowl to the original hood. I am looking to do the same after i install the funnelweb intake to my cleveland. Also what back spacing did you use for your wheels??::goodjob::

Paint and striping are done. Next is drivetrain install.
This is the same way i am planning to build my 1973 Mach 1. Damm I am going crazy looking at your pics. If possible can i contact you to get some insight on your build.
The hood is all glass. The wheels are 5" BS front; 6" BS rear

064.jpg

066.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How complicated was to modify the rear suspension, I see you attached the Art Morrison rear frame and suspension. This is exactly what I am looking to do. I have contacted TCI and RRS to buy a rear suspension system and they don't even touch the 71-73 Mustangs. I am glad you found one.:cool:

The customer didn't like the ducts, so we cut them out. Lastly was the replacement of the 700R4 transmission with a TCI 6 speed paddle shift unit.

Now to put it all together........
Customer didn't like the ducts?????? He can't be a true lover of this body style IMHO.

Do you commonly put 700R4's in Fords? I thought the AOD could be built pretty stout for OD applications. I would love to have OD in my car, just wondering if your experience tells you chevy is the way to go?

Who's headers are those? Would they work with the stock steering box? My Hookers have horrible ground clearance.

Real nice work, sorry for all the questions.

The customer didn't like the ducts, so we cut them out. Lastly was the replacement of the 700R4 transmission with a TCI 6 speed paddle shift unit.

Now to put it all together........
Customer didn't like the ducts?????? He can't be a true lover of this body style IMHO.

Not all 71-73s had ducted hoods. It was easier to eliminate them than make them look good from underneath. The fit and finish of this hood was horrible.

Do you commonly put 700R4's in Fords? I thought the AOD could be built pretty stout for OD applications. I would love to have OD in my car, just wondering if your experience tells you chevy is the way to go?

It is cheaper for us to build a 700R for massive torque than an AOD.

Who's headers are those? Would they work with the stock steering box? My Hookers have horrible ground clearance.

They are made by Stan at www.fordpowertrain.com

Real nice work, sorry for all the questions.

Thanks for the compliment.

[drool] Yes! I can't wait to see this car done! [/drool]

Here is the dash cluster. We are using a dash from a 70. The gauges were made for us by Classic Instruments.

2hxwqv6.jpg

this is why i love this model more than any other, theres no better look as some one else said earlier i just felt my d@#k move....

stunning car..absolutely stunning

Back