71 Grabber Green Metallic M code convertible

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful job so far, absolutely love the color.  I am quite partial to it as you can see from my avatar pic.  heh
Thanks mate, your car looks great.... I'm really struggling to decide if I go with a black bonnet and hockey side stripe or not. Didn't from the factory, but reckon they look great.
I sure wish I could paint that well, the car looks great. Try it without and see if you like it. Info, you can add them later. I did that and decided I wanted the blacked out hood even though it did not come with it. Chuck

Beautiful job so far, absolutely love the color.  I am quite partial to it as you can see from my avatar pic.  heh
Thanks mate, your car looks great.... I'm really struggling to decide if I go with a black bonnet and hockey side stripe or not. Didn't from the factory, but reckon they look great
Just my opinion, but would go without the hockey sticks. The green is striking on its own. I think the black NASA hood however would go well if you are going black roof/interior.

Thanks mate, your car looks great.... I'm really struggling to decide if I go with a black bonnet and hockey side stripe or not. Didn't from the factory, but reckon they look great.
I agree with the others- perhaps go with the black on the hood but hold off on the side stripes.  That finish looks amazing and you will be blinded by it when looking out over the hood.  lol  The hockey stick stripes have just been done to death.  Now I think it's so cool to see a Mach 1 that came with the trim along the lower body and no side strips, and just the Mach 1 decals (understanding you have a convertible).  Don't get me wrong, they look great, but they have been added to so many cars.  You could always add them down the road.  And of course it's your car and you'll think long and hard about this decision.  Maybe you just want to go for it and have everything completed at the same time.  Do you have other '71 to '73 Mustangs at local shows where you already see a lot of the side stripes, or not?  If you do add them, just don't clear coat over top of them.  I still think it's awesome that so many people outside of the US are into these cars and have the means to restore and drive them.

I'm with donkost here. some colors just don't need any help to look good. I'd be inclined to do the lower body blackout, just because it makes the car look leaner, with just a 1/4" pinstripe at the top like the stripe cars received.

Grabber Green is one of my favorite colors, took a lot of parts off a M1 in a local wrecking yard back in the day that was GG wthe M1 Sports interior in white. a very striking color combo.

G'day all - Thanks all for your comments and feedback, particularly on the stripes & bonnet. Appreciate the experience and wisdom of all on this forum.

It's got factory ram air and I particularly like the black bonnet with the "Ram Air" decal on it, so think I will go with that, and leave the hockey stick off for now.

Whilst I would like to take the credit for the paint job, I can't - a mate runs a paint & panel shop, so he's weaved his magic for mates-rates.

I too am Grabber (what ever that is) Green with a Sportsroof in Mach 1 livery .... you're project does look awesome.

What decals /detailing will you use and what colour?

Awesome car - I'm basically thinking of doing exactly what you have minus the Mach 1 sticker.  Love the ram air stickers the black bonnet.

Out of interest, any idea of what your car would be worth over there in the current market?   Just trying to figure out how much $$'s do I keep putting into mine.

Merry Christmas All,

I hope everyone had a great festive season. Things are hot down-under;- you may have seen what seems like half of our country suffering bush-fires. The people fighting these fires are absolute heroes.

Thankfully no fires are close to my home.

There has been some progress on the Mustang resto. Just about done - just need to get the interior put back together, some chrome trims, then get it inspected at the local authority to have it road-registered, and we can finally hit the road. At this stage I'm not going to go with the hockey sticks, and I may even not go the black bonnet.... although that may change in time, as I must admit I love the look of the ' 351 RAM AIR' stickers on the black bonnet.

Here's some more recent snaps.....

post hd

Very nice, looks fantastic

Hope the weather changes a bit to help put down the fires.

Heck of a job those fire fighters are doing. A large group from here is over there trying to help just saw on the news some more are heading your way.

Finally picked her up yesterday from the workshop! Some minor teething to do, but loving it. Weather not great down under, so will try to get some more picks up soon when sun is out, but here's one to get started.....

That is a very good looking car. Love the Grabber colors on a convertible.

Back