• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

71 Mach 1 Fastback A-pillar trim

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDK

Reaction score
My Car
1971 MACH 1
OK, I think it is called the A-Pillar trim. Trim that is vertical on either side of the front windshield. I need both sides in Ginger, mine are cracked and broken... :(

BDK

New re-pops are available now.. Very expensive.. Try the Mustang vendors on line. I have not been able to find any that are used..

FYI, you can restore your originals with JB Weld epoxy and some like kind plastic material for support.. Be sure to clean the area with naphtha or equivalent and lightly scuff the area before bonding.. It's what I do and have had great results.. Re-paint as needed..

BDK, before you spend that kind of $$, check with Don (OMS) FIRST! See if what's being offered now is a different or improved product from what was being offered earlier. If not, then they are absolute JUNK!! You'll get an honest answer from Don, and not just someone looking to make a sale. Fellow Mustang friend bought a set and what he said about them cannot be repeated here. Ford called those Windshield Side Garnish Mouldings. According to David (Carolina_Mountain_Mustang) there was a complex mold used to make those. So the Venders (China) probably cut corners and produced another inferior over priced product.

You could also check with our old friend E-Bay as they show up there occasionally. If you find out the new ones are the same junk, contact David (Same one as above). Scotty Strickland in Oxford, N.C is someone he has talked to that has some for sale. David can let you know how to get in touch with Scotty. Good luck on your search for yet another "Unicorn" 71-73 part!

BDK, before you spend that kind of $$, check with Don (OMS) FIRST! See if what's being offered now is a different or improved product from what was being offered earlier. If not, then they are absolute JUNK!! You'll get an honest answer from Don, and not just someone looking to make a sale. Fellow Mustang friend bought a set and what he said about them cannot be repeated here. Ford called those Windshield Side Garnish Mouldings. According to David (Carolina_Mountain_Mustang) there was a complex mold used to make those. So the Venders (China) probably cut corners and produced another inferior over priced product.

You could also check with our old friend E-Bay as they show up there occasionally. If you find out the new ones are the same junk, contact David (Same one as above). Scotty Strickland in Oxford, N.C is someone he has talked to that has some for sale. David can let you know how to get in touch with Scotty. Good luck on your search for yet another "Unicorn" 71-73 part!
Thanks Steve. I knew the repop stuff was crap and wanted to avoid that route. The left side I think I can JB Weld as stated above, but the right (passengers side) has a large chunk missing and I have zero idea where that is.....Will check with Don and see if he has any too....

BDK

Thanks Steve. I knew the repop stuff was crap and wanted to avoid that route. The left side I think I can JB Weld as stated above, but the right (passengers side) has a large chunk missing and I have zero idea where that is.....Will check with Don and see if he has any too....

BDK
TTT

Like Steve said this is one of the toughest parts to repo on our cars and get right. Scotty Strickland did have them the last time I visited his Mustang junk yard. Look him up on Facebook. Oxford N.C. he will ship anywhere. I would have him insure them they are brittle from being up next to the hot windshield.

Like Steve said this is one of the toughest parts to repo on our cars and get right. Scotty Strickland did have them the last time I visited his Mustang junk yard. Look him up on Facebook. Oxford N.C. he will ship anywhere. I would have him insure them they are brittle from being up next to the hot windshield.
So which Scotty Strickland is this on FB? Want to make sure I contact the right individual. If you have his email address can you PM it to me?

Thanks,

BDK

Sorry I didn't see this posting earlier in the year, I just sold a pair of Fastback A Pillars. I'll keep an eye out for anymore that I get in.

BDK
TTT

Sorry I didn't see this posting earlier in the year, I just sold a pair of Fastback A Pillars. I'll keep an eye out for anymore that I get in.

BDK
TTT
Motorcity...how much did you sell the pair for? Have any more?

Back