71 parts car value

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dadspony

Reaction score
Hello. My dad passed and I'm trying to sell some of his parts cars. What would be a good price to sell them for? I've added a picture so you can see the condition. Body and frame are good. Still parts on it. I was thinking like $300 just to get them out of here. 20240528_080623.jpg20240528_080614.jpg20240528_080632.jpg20240528_080639.jpg

You say the body and frame are good....how much rust and where? If it's scuzzy, but pretty much rust free, it may be worth more to someone that will save it. It's a 73 Grande and the vinyl top was notorious for holding moisture and rotting the steel away.
Pics inside and out, top to bottom, underhood will say alot.
If the body is too rusty, and you have time and patience, there is probably enough stuff there to easily make $1k or more. Someone buying a partscar will pay less because they have to haul it and dismantle it.

You got $300 just in the 73 bumper. :D
Its hard to say a value without seeing lots of detail. A parts car is worth whatever its parts are worth, minus the amount of effort it would take to offload those parts.

If you were close enough, I'd give you $300 just for the body parts off the front end, assuming they are in usable shape. There's a handful of 1-year-only parts there. Your thread says 71, but the car looks like a 73.

By the environment, I'm going to guess California or a surrounding state.

Here in CT, that would be worth $2k, California's a bit different since there is an abundance of near rust-free cars. $300 would be a very quick sale.

You say the body and frame are good....how much rust and where? If it's scuzzy, but pretty much rust free, it may be worth more to someone that will save it. It's a 73 Grande and the vinyl top was notorious for holding moisture and rotting the steel away.
If the body is too rusty, and you have time and patience, there is probably enough stuff there to easily make $1k or more. Someone buying a partscar will pay less because they have to haul it and

If the body is too rusty, and you have time and patience, there is probably enough stuff there to easily make $1k or more. Someone buying a partscar will pay less because they have to haul it and dismantle it.
My vinyl top destroyed my roof. Need a new/replacement one at some point...

Grand coupes are the cheapest and least desirable . still as others mentioned, lots of good 1 year only parts there. The front bumper and mounts are probably the single most valuable item…depending on condition, $250-500. A perfect one would be $700…turn signals, wheelwell and other trim, valances trunk, fenders, engine if 351, tons of bits have value. I would guess the previous suggested $2000 range is a good place to start. +-. If desirable engine, you might get $2000+, if a stripped down 6 or 302, you might get closer to $1000. Prices vary….

Grand coupes are the cheapest and least desirable . still as others mentioned, lots of good 1 year only parts there. The front bumper and mounts are probably the single most valuable item…depending on condition, $250-500. A perfect one would be $700…turn signals, wheelwell and other trim, valances trunk, fenders, engine if 351, tons of bits have value. I would guess the previous suggested $2000 range is a good place to start. +-. If desirable engine, you might get $2000+, if a stripped down 6 or 302, you might get closer to $1000. Prices vary….
Being a 73, that rules out it having any of the monster motors.
It has drum brakes up front. Somebody would have been a wild one to order a Q code with 4 wheel manual drum brakes. :D

I do see AC components in the grille.

Being a 73, that rules out it having any of the monster motors.
It has drum brakes up front. Somebody would have been a wild one to order a Q code with 4 wheel manual drum brakes. :D

I do see AC components in the grille.
I noticed the drum brakes also, I thought mustang did away with those in '67...?

You got $300 just in the 73 bumper. :D
Its hard to say a value without seeing lots of detail. A parts car is worth whatever its parts are worth, minus the amount of effort it would take to offload those parts.

If you were close enough, I'd give you $300 just for the body parts off the front end, assuming they are in usable shape. There's a handful of 1-year-only parts there. Your thread says 71, but the car looks like a 73.
Yes! I got the year wrong. My dad's car was a 71 and he used this car for emblems and other parts. It was a tricky recovery so I sold it for $300 yesterday. He took another one to the crusher for me too which was nice of him. It had nothing on it and it had been picked up a few times by a bobcat so not even the body was decent anymore.

Because of the tricky recovery, I sold it for $300 yesterday. It had a little rust, but there were some good parts still there for the guy. Thank you for your response!

It was a 302. Recovery wasn't easy so I gave it to him for $300. He also did me a favor and took another mustang to the crusher for me that was striped and dented from being moved by a bobcat. He's coming back for a Granada to be crushed too. I figured $300 was fair to get my property cleaned of cars that had no titles. Lol

By the environment, I'm going to guess California or a surrounding state.

Here in CT, that would be worth $2k, California's a bit different since there is an abundance of near rust-free cars. $300 would be a very quick sale.
That was a very good guess!

Hey also, I know it's not a Mustang, but do you know what this 53 Ford Victoria Crestline would be worth? It's mostly body and trim now. It was another parts car for my dad's Crestline project car. I've had such a hard time trying to find the value on a Crestline parts car! 20240528_161439.jpg20240528_161354.jpg20240528_161343.jpg20240528_161250.jpg20240528_080753.jpg20240528_080745.jpg

Take a pic of the under side. Front edge molding and scoops are worth pulling off. Hopefully it has the ram air plenum panel on it.

Back