72 convertible build

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

72ponyboy

Reaction score
My Car
1972 mustang 302 convertible
This is the car I bought across the country with out looking at on Ebay.....

f233ms.jpg

14udw8i.jpg

103vrww.jpg

209otub.jpg

idre69.jpg

25tcmzk.jpg

It came from New Hampshire and I called and talked with the owner and knew what I was getting into.

I knew that there was gonna be a lot of work and a lot of money spent on this car.

I'm not a mechanic and don't have a lot of skills in restoration but it was something I've wanted to do since I was little. I am not a Mechanically inclined person but youtube and I figured it out!!!! I would watch videos all night and then work on it the next evening.

59tsok.jpg

It arrives at my house in Kentucky!!!!

Just as it was described and as bad as I thought.

10gh543.jpg

Body work begins

2n8v8dh.jpg

a31ph2.jpg

2aewai0.jpg

Fixed break lines Finally the car will stop when I hit the Breaks!!!!

Learned how drum breaks work and had to replace the wheel cylinders after the bleeder valve broke off. Found they make flexible break lines that I had to replace a small section.

More to come!!!!

Looking good so far! You should talk to sdstang (Jim) out here in San Diego. He is the same as you, not mechanically inclined but can follow the hell out of some directions! His 73 convertible is coming along nicely and is very very impressive!

Good job.

My problem is lack of patience. Because of that I'd never tackle such a job although I'd love to but I know that I would take every possible shortcut and give up somewhere along the way.

Latest posts

Back