• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

72 Cowl

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jugg Head

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Mach 1
Does anyone sell either a complete cowl assembly for a 72 mach 1 or at least some patch panels for the left and right lower sides ?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not believe cowl parts are being reproduced for our cars yet, but I do see people selling ones cut from parts cars.

AJ

2011-03-04_22-34-42_462.jpg

Does anyone sell either a complete cowl assembly for a 72 mach 1 or at least some patch panels for the left and right lower sides ?

Thanks
I had the same problem. I never did any metal work in my life but managed to repair. I cut out the hat section and brought it to a restoration shop that fabbed me one. I learned how to weld quickly and welded it back on. I ended up braizing it after welding due to the metal blow through I experienced. It came out great. I Rust Bulleted it with 4 coats after along with seam sealer. The pic shows it before I welded it in.

I have the DS lower cowl for a air condition car (no top hat)

Marc

Thanks
I had the same problem. I never did any metal work in my life but managed to repair. I cut out the hat section and brought it to a restoration shop that fabbed me one. I learned how to weld quickly and welded it back on. I ended up braizing it after welding due to the metal blow through I experienced. It came out great. I Rust Bulleted it with 4 coats after along with seam sealer. The pic shows it before I welded it in.
I did mine with butt welds, if you get a spot that blows threw just use a piece of copper to hold on the back side when welding, which will hold the weld in place.

I have see guy that flatted out a short piece of copper pipe which would work out good because you could bent it to the shape of the panel.

I wouldn't suggest lapping the lower cowl patches because the water could get into the joint and your back to square one + a bad floor pan.

I have a complete one but the problem is the shipping, especially to Canada. I use USPS for most parts but the cowl is too big. Maybe Fedex but they aren't cheap. Are you close to NY?

I have a complete one but the problem is the shipping, especially to Canada. I use USPS for most parts but the cowl is too big. Maybe Fedex but they aren't cheap. Are you close to NY?
Actually I hit Hartford evey month and import Harley's back to Canada. Do you have any pics ?

Thanks for the responses.

Actually I hit Hartford evey month and import Harley's back to Canada. Do you have any pics ?

Thanks for the responses.

Where do I send the pic? Bob

Back