72 Grabber Blue Mach 1 build

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job Ryan! I know how much fun that was.
Oh yeah, 2 hours of masking, 5 minutes of painting, fun fun! Ryan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to compliment you and your patients. The car looks great, and it will be a crowd pleaser when it's done, I'm sure. :goodpost: :goodpost:
Thanks for the compliment, yes it does take patience, a lot of it. Ryan

Got the new honeycomb trim/panel, taillight lens/bezels masked,painted and installed today. Ryan 
Doesn't help you with your masking but just a suggestion for next one or to others.

I ordered two sets of new lenses and frames from Carpenter the mfg. of the repo. I ordered the rejects. The reject is that the aluminum frame is loose from the lens. This allows you to mask off the area around the lens much easier then paint and then put them back on the lens. They are also half price for the reject that saves hours, lol.

Carpenter is in Charlotte, N.C. just down the road from me but he makes them in China. They are perfect right down to the Ford oval logo. Probably what you have since they only come without the black.

Very nice! What kind of paint did you use on top of the fuel tank?
It's actually Flex seal. I used it more for an additional insulator between my tank and trunk floor. Ryan

Damn, I need to do the same thing to my tail lights.

I wish I had a nice freshly painted body and all new parts to put my car together. One day hopefully, if I live that long

Latest posts

Back