72 Sprint, second time's a charm

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dashbrazil

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Ford Mustang Sprint, 2V
Hey guys! Well it's been five years since I picked up the 72 Sprint out in California. When I moved out east I last was looking at selling her locally and even up on here, and after tossing and turning over a few offers, I couldn't bring myself to sell it to some high schooler with money just to see it get abused. Into storage for three years!

Now I'm in South Carolina and just bit the bullet on a house with a two car garage... so much to my other half's dismay I kicked our cars out of it and immediately had the stang shipped out East! ::thumb::

Better job, solid garage and more moolah mean I can finally sink the money and time that she needs. I'll update this as I get rolling. Right now I've got to do some shopping to kit the garage out for the task so updates will churn out sparsely until then.

2192b306a9bddf2a017bb5288bd66ce4.png

An immediate goal for this year is to strip the body down and get it blasted at a shop, and fix the rear driver quarter panel. Right now the body is the weak link in the chain, and the P.O.'s paintjob is a 20-20 deal. The interior work I did is still holding up, but now that she's not a daily driver my work doesn't have to be confined to a single day or weekend. It'll take a few years of going one part a time but at least it's finally here again. :p

I'm thinking about gun metal grey with the black vinyl top, keeping the black interior. I just don't like white cars in general, not sure why, so the Sprint colors.. just not my thing.

since you dont get rain in Cali you dont have to worry about oxidation under the vinyl. I always liked the look of the half vinyl on coupes. Factory Pewter is a real nice color. My first 72 was a Pewter Coupe.

Back