73-2014 swap

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First off, amazing work there. I vote the old handles as well but maybe lose the door lock. I think you want to keep most of the old personality of the car intact but add all the creature comforts and tech of the new ones. Its a fine line and obviously subject to personal opinion but the only drastic outside change I have ever liked on these cars is when I saw someone change the tail lamps out to shelby style.

I'd vote new ones. I don't like how the old ones feel. New ones also look better I think.

You're doing a great job btw, very interesting project you got going there!

Cheers,

Vincent.

I like the new style handles, that would look good. But if I had to say something about the mirrors, then I would have cut the plastic triangle of and made a bracket to be placed in what’s left of the plastic and installed it in the original position where the original mirror are placed :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys for your I put I am leaning towards new handles just extra work,

Vinnie the panel there is double wallled and I am going to weld them together like a tunnel so I hope it’s not to much

I like the old style better, you can do them body color, too. If I did switch it would be for the Kindig style handles

https://www.kindigitapparel.com/collections/kindig-it-parts

Because of the price I would probably make my own.
Wow! Kindig is proud of his parts!  I wonder if you could use actual Tesla model 3 door handles.  I looked on ebay.  You can pick them up for about $100 each.  They are electric switches instead of mechanical so you would need door lock actuators but they are cheap and if you are going to shave the locks anyway that seems like a cool way to go.

Thanks guys for your I put I am leaning towards new handles just extra work,

Vinnie the panel there is double wallled and I am going to weld them together like a tunnel so I hope it’s not to much
H'mm.  More work, less chrome.  I'm definitely in the more shiney stuff camp.  New ones would be a cleaner look if thats the priority.

Man thats a tight fit! Did you have to do anything to the towers? What exhaust mainfolds did you use? Again, nice work!

Very nice!

Can you please fill us in on the filler panel over the radiator/headlight area. Thanks.

Back