73 coupe budget build

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I restored my floor pans today. I think they came out nice. At least that nasty stinky smell is gone from 40 year old carpet and underlay.

I wire wheeled the parts that seemed a little rusty and coated with rustbullet, then painted flat black rust protection. Only found two tiny tiny pin holes that I had to use flash light to find. I'm going to use what you guys were talking about in another members thread.

I have new underlay and carpet on the way, should arrive before next weekend.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I restored my floor pans today. I think they came out nice. At least that nasty stinky smell is gone from 40 year old carpet and underlay.

I wire wheeled the parts that seemed a little rusty and coated with rustbullet, then painted flat black rust protection. Only found two tiny tiny pin holes that I had to use flash light to find. I'm going to use what you guys were talking about in another members thread.

I have new underlay and carpet on the way, should arrive before next weekend.
Oh yeah, those pans looks great Daniel. I checked out the before and after pics again and I'm truly impressed. Like I mentioned before, I'm a pretty big fan of POR-15 putty and paint but you have little to no work to do on those pans. Once again, that looks great. If you can find one, I recommend a full length console when you get everything back in. A guy in Stafford actually has a set of pretty decent Ginger seats and a full length console sitting in his garage for sale. I didn't need them but if you're interested in his contact info, hit me up.

Back