73 coupe budget build

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news and Good luck to the both of you!

WOW, Thank you everyone, We are so relieved for now. CZ-75 the tumor is pretty deep, about 3 inches in. That's been the really worrying part, but i hope they will figure out what needs to be done. She's been feeling a lot happier now and even wants to help me with the mustang this weekend. I told her i'm not going to let her over do it but she would be perfect to help me bleed the brakes when i put my new wheel cylinders on tomorrow. Can't wait really I will actually be able to take her down the road instead of just circles around the driveway now :)

Well now that my coupe officially RUN-DRIVES and wait for it.... STOPS! under it's own power with no issues as of yet, I figured I am going to start working on the body. Time to make her look less of a (as the wife says) rust bucket and more of an actual muscle car i started fiddling around with it the other day.

I started with the worse off sections which isnt really so bad until i found a little crack in my passenger side fender..as i started picking at it a big ole chunk of my fender fell off :mad: only to reveal a mangled up metal fender underneath..

WP_20130417_004.jpg

so after grinding down a bunch of body filler i gave up and decided to just grind it down to bare metal prime it and shoot some BS paint on to at least protect it until i figure out what to do.

Any how there were some rough spots on the roof i grinded to bare metal, sanded, primed and painted mainly for ships and giggles as i didnt have a lot of time yet to really get into it but at least i felt like I was doing something. I really cant wait to sand this baby down and get some color on it. I will be doing all the work myself and I am going to keep some secrets from you guys at least until is 50/50 finished hehe.

well heres a little bit of me goofing off.

WP_20130417_006.jpg

WP_20130417_009.jpg

Well now the fun begins. Maybe if she can help you a little bit at a time she will get a new appreciation for the car. Good to see things are moving in a positive direction for your wife and the car. Look forward to both of them continueing in that direction.

I'm very glad to hear your wife misdoing well! Also glad to hear that the mustang is still around too andthatbothof you will be working on it. Good stuff!

Yes we are very blessed. Its still rough financially but I'm sure we will rebound in due time. She is recovering well, she is really excited to help get the mustang looking good. I took her for a drive around the neighborhood the other day even though she had to ride in the back because I lack a second front seat. But she really loved the sound and it was a real feeling of accomplishment.

I made a nice video for you guys but it somehow got deleted and I was so upset. Oh well I will try again another time. Can't wait for you guys to see her in action.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 922 using board express.

So mysteriously my video I took just showed back up on my phone (weird) so I will try to upload it for you guys, stay tuned and thank you everyone for your kind words.

keep chipping away at that coupe man they are worth believe me. i love my 72 to death.

OK guys, so here'e the deal. As i was trying to get the video uploaded for all to see i ran into some issues with it compressing while uploading. So I went from 1080HD to like 240 crap...my computer hates my phone and will not transfer by USB so I had to upload to the cloud and then download onto my computer. Anyway what we have is a grainy video but it works so...it's kind of like the car, grainy but works haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6DoMuFBnQ0

Yes, yes, I know i still have a crappy glass fuel filter on the car but until I am done with tuning and diagnosing it makes it easy for my to see my fuel supply.

I have done a bit more sanding and rust removal so hopefully by midweek i will have it mostly primed and ready for any minor dents and dings to be worked out. I took this video before i found out about the excessive filler in the pass fender and I am going to my local mustang place to see if he has any decent used fenders. He has rediculous prices so i only go there when I absolutly need something because i know he will have it. (probably why he has everything because no one is willing to pay his over inflated prices) Anyway feel free to let me know what you guys think.

OK so here is another update to share for you guys.

If you look above you would see that my passenger side fender had about the cars own weight in body filler. :(

So what i did today was run to the local mustang and camaro place to see if they had a passenger fender in better shape.

I ask one of the workers if the had any and he said well we don't have that side new but are you sure you have a 73' ? I said yes, he went on to ramble about how the 73's were a little different in the nose yadayada i said yes i know. He proceeded to look at me and say well this is probably your lucky day because we just got in the best set of factory used 73 fenders this lot has ever seen, come with me. Now i am thinking crap, in one way this may be good and the other it may be bad because since he was so overjoyed to show me these fenders im thinking the owner will want a pretty penny. So he takes me to them and it was like they were sitting there with a halo over them just shining away awaiting for me to take home. The owner comes back and says that he would like $250 for them, I said, figures i don't have that to spend will you just sell me the passenger side. He proceed to say if i gave him $200 i could take them, so i tried the old trick and whipped out $150 cash and said this iswhat i offer and i go home right now. He said OK!, My mind was jumping up and down. because my drivers side was rust free but needed quite a bit of shaping up as it was in a fender bender.

so without further ado..

[attachment=15164]

[attachment=15164]

[attachment=15164]

[attachment=15164]

[attachment=15172]

Back