73 Coupe

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every time I look at your progress me thinking: he will have done 5 projects by the time I'll be 1/2 mine! :)

You sleep in your garage or something?

Great progress, this baby should hit the road very soon again!

Every time I look at your progress me thinking: he will have done 5 projects by the time I'll be 1/2 mine! :)

You sleep in your garage or something?

Great progress, this baby should hit the road very soon again!

Haha I’m off work this week so things are getting done

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

another long day in the garage. The Passenger side door has been rubbing at the bottom and needed adjustment.  Of course the cage nuts broke on the bottom of the fenders and the ones in the basket on front as well. So that was fun. I got the passenger side lined up pretty well and adjusted the strike to where it needed to be. The Drivers side still needs more work and its currently too close to the wall. So i got minimal adjustment done. I then finally decided to install the whole front end and get it out of my way. Of course i had more cage nut problems but got it worked out and installed. Hood is on and so are the chrome inserts because i have them. I worked on aligning it as well and the gaps arent too bad. Then naturally i took pictures as it looks like a real car again. Still need to wire the engine stuff back up and go get gas. Then i can fire it up and see if it runs better

Ive been pretty busy with other project lately, like putting a metal shed together and restoring my grandfathers 1940s tiliting table saw so i have something to use. 

Here a video of the saw before i started on it

BUTTTTT

I dont know if i mentioned this but i got the engine buttoned up and went to start it. Nothing  Battery was completely dead and ended up having to get Advanced to charge it. After 30 minutes they said it was good but needed a deep charge it had been bled down so much.l So needless to say i charged it up and the next day....Car wouldnt start. No gas to the carb....So i pour gas in the bowls and wahhhlahhh she fires up but still no gas through the lines. Ive blown all the lines out and still  nothing. So apparently my pump is bad.

I will be putting an electric pump in near the gas tank as i dont feel like fiddling with the mechanical. Too much stuff in the way with the AC and Steering pump.  So hopefully soon she will run on her own will and i can get it tuned

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on getting it started even if your not getting fuel. Prob the pump as you suggested if the lines are all clear. Could also be the pick up screen full of crap in the tank.

Congrats on getting it started even if your not getting fuel. Prob the pump as you suggested if the lines are all clear. Could also be the pick up screen full of crap in the tank.
That may be the case if it wasnt a brand new tank and sending unit

Great progress you are making and like others said if only I had your energy

Will be good to see the finished product

Like the colour and hopefully after more than 2 years I will finally get some bright red on mine next week

Yeah i wish i had more time but the vacations i took helped alot. Pretty much dedicate Saturdays to projects and since im still single and childless at 36 im sure that allows me a little more freedom then most. I have 2 mustangs though so im itching to get back to work on my 65 fastback Eleanor build.... So im trying to get this bad boy running and tuned so it will be drivable. I am just a bit adhd so i jump around a bit too much. I still have a ton of othe rparts for this car. I have a whole aftermarket guage set and so on.

Thanks for all the kind comments gents

Last edited by a moderator:
So ive been stuck in neutral on this project with the cold weather and not to mention  ive been waiting for parts that ended up coming from CHINA!!! ARG!!!!! Hopefully this weekend ill get an electric fuel pump installed.

In the mean time i have my table saw all working and tested it out and built myself a Pallet/Privacy Fence entertainment stand. Its not finished yet but a little more sanding and then some poly and she will be good to go

ITS ALIVE!!! I installed an electric fuel pump i got from my friend Matt that is way too aggressive but it cleared my lines out. I have a hidden switch for it in my console so i can turn it on and off. After using it you can see a noticeable amount of junk in the fuel filter and the mechanical pump is now working. Its smokes like crazy but i pretty sure i poured seafoam in the gas tank. It also needs an oil change badly! So ill do that and then i can hopefully get it tuned

i swear this car is the devil....Its running but its smoking still and appears to be burning radiator fluid....Also once it warms up the idle gets high....Ive been looking for a vacuum leak but so far i havent found one. Even tried to spray brake cleaner around the carb and no signs of a rev up or anything. ...ARG!!!!!

Starts up easy and everything....I havent played with the timing yet though ...Actually busy with a kitchen re-model so havent had much time to work on it

The crankcase fumes are usually oil related issues. If the car been still for long and there is some kind of condens accumulated in there, it's gonna fume bad.

So I'd start first by a good oil/filter change if you have not yet done it.

If there is no change, you likely have leaks at piston rings and the too much of oil deposited on cyl walls would likely give a blueish exhaust as it burns.

Inspecting your plugs would also tell you more, likely black/greasy.

if the exhaust is white, and coolant enters the engine, you likely have "mayonaise" in the valve covers and on the oil stick.

I'd turn the car to have the exhaust going out your garage, these gasses are very bad for your health...

The crankcase fumes are usually oil related issues. If the car been still for long and there is some kind of condens accumulated in there, it's gonna fume bad.

So I'd start first by a good oil/filter change if you have not yet done it.

If there is no change, you likely have leaks at piston rings and the too much of oil deposited on cyl walls would likely give a blueish exhaust as it burns.

Inspecting your plugs would also tell you more, likely black/greasy.

if the exhaust is white, and coolant enters the engine, you likely have "mayonaise" in the valve covers and on the oil stick.

I'd turn the car to have the exhaust going out your garage, these gasses are very bad for your health...
yeah i dont stay in the garage when i do it.  I have changed the Oil, filter, added seafoam, added new radiator fluid, checked for bubbling in the radiator, looked for leaks, Oil isnt milky etc....So i have a few more check for sure... Smoke is either whitish and sometimes dark

Back