73 Coupe

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ITS ALIVE!!! I installed an electric fuel pump i got from my friend Matt that is way too aggressive but it cleared my lines out. I have a hidden switch for it in my console so i can turn it on and off. After using it you can see a noticeable amount of junk in the fuel filter and the mechanical pump is now working. Its smokes like crazy but i pretty sure i poured seafoam in the gas tank. It also needs an oil change badly! So ill do that and then i can hopefully get it tuned

JRANGER, not telling you what to do but that kind of glass fuel filter although looking cool is a fire hazard. The ends will come loose from vibration (No, not good vibration) and fuel will light up!

ohh I know T5, I just have it there until i get things working properly. I had fuel problems and now im still monitoring all the rust and such in the filter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well a little good news... There was a cap in the carb where the brake booster connects. I removed it and put the standard connection and booster. Capped of the intake connection and I've got adjustment and the engine no longer goes crazy after the choke opens. Smoke gas gone down as well. I am still seeing smoke near the header on the drivers side so still more investigating.

Well after a whole lot of sanding and work in the kitchen, i cut a few stump down past level ground for my parking area. Then decided i was pulling the 73 out to try to turn it around. First thing was it wasn't going into gear and i knew it had been leaking trans fluid. Put 3 qts in and it shifts into gear no problem. It is definitely not posi because i got it stuck in the yard with one wheel in the dirt. MFER!!! Then it started stalling out with it all the way a crossed my driveway as i was trying to back in to my parking area to turn it around. Just wouldn't stay started and i thought i ran it out for gas. Put more in and same BS... Had to slam the throttle and eventually got it backed back in after a couple more stalls. Well turned out the hose had come off the PCV....UGH....So yeah im going to get it turn around this weekend after i go get more gas for it.

im excited, i ordered myself a quickjack 5000 for my garage! been wanting one for years

What is the weight of a Mustang
Specifications

Wheel Base: 109" 

Height: 50.1" 

Width: 74.1" 

Length: 193.8" 

Weight: 3560 lbs. (351CJ)

If you look around you can find them on sale. They are usually $1399 here and Cosco had them on sale for $999 and free shipping. Cosco still has them at $1099 though, just takes some surfing to find the deals

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I'm trying to figure out why the c4 is leaking but I'm confused. I have a floor shift and c4 and kickdown. But there is a third rod connected to the column. Wth is this???

Also I pulled her out and ran up the road so i could turn her around in the garage

I don't recall its name, but that rod is there to ensure you can't remove the key unless in park.

Hmm, is there supposed to be an oRing for that? Trying to figure out how to fix the leak and hoping its a simple one

That’s the steering column lock out rod. It keeps the steering wheel locked in place when in park.

It looks like your power steering is leaking. Probably one of the hoses. That ps fluid with eat up the rubber on your rag joint. You need to find out what is leaking.

Trans could be leaking from the pan or the o rings on the shift linkage that goes into the trans. Everything is so wet it’s hard to tell what exactly is leaking. I guess you need to get everything cleaned up so you can see where it’s coming from. Good luck and hope you can figure it out.

Latest posts

Back