73 honeycomb install

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Einstein

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach1 351 Cleveland C6
I bought my 73 Mach 1 and they had eliminated the honeycomb rear panel. Any helpful hints on installing one? All of the holes have been filled in. I have a new one with chrome trim on order.

Just line it up VERY CAREFULLY to mark the holes for drilling. Put some paint on the cut edges of the holes to prevent rust.

And my biggest pet peeve about those installing the back panel? Failing to apply the slop-black paint "masking" around the gas filler hole and along the inside vertical edges of the taillight openings. Not putting the black paint there results in an odd-looking "stripe" between the panel and the taillamp bezel.

Details make all the difference...

Just line it up VERY CAREFULLY to mark the holes for drilling. Put some paint on the cut edges of the holes to prevent rust.

And my biggest pet peeve about those installing the back panel? Failing to apply the slop-black paint "masking" around the gas filler hole and along the inside vertical edges of the taillight openings. Not putting the black paint there results in an odd-looking "stripe" between the panel and the taillamp bezel.

Details make all the difference...
Thank you

Back