• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

73 Mach 1 For Sale cheap!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Current Vehicles:
2010 Mustang GT
2008 Lincoln Navigator
2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i 4x4
2006 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i 4x4
2003 Kawasaki Mean Streak 1500
1997 Mercedes SL500 AMG Roadster

Its been awhile for me being here but I stop by occasionally. Since I sold my Mach 1 Im more involved in my other website AzPonys.com, Mach1Club.com is still going strong and with the upcoming release of the new Mach 1 on the horizon it should give the site a boost.

Take a look at this one for sale, its my buddies car Im trying to help him sell it.

mustang.JPG

VIN is 3F05F110042. VIN Decode shows that this is a Mach 1 Fast Back SportsRoof made in Dearborn Michigan; Title search shows that this was titled in Arizona and California. 302 V8 engine, 2BBL Carburetor. Automatic transmission. Power steering. Power disc brakes; Dual exhaust; Pretty much all original. Been sitting for over 10 years. Despite the gasoline being a bit stale, the engine fires up and runs great, transmission shifts fine and car drives down the road; Great project car.

Pretty much all is there except the interior door panels, dash pad, one hub cap, the grille is busted, drivers door outside release handle is broken and a few other items are missing; All of the glass is good. Interior is original but needs re-upholstered. Body has some surface oxidation and there is some rust in the back seat floor boards. Nothing serious. Well worth the money in parts alone. Serious inquiries only. Like I said, it is a great project car. You will need to have it towed if you buy it. Good luck finding one of these that runs and drives.

Has a tach and center gauge cluster as well.

Yes there is an 05 in the vin.

Located in Arizona.

$2250

Message me if interested.

I can try to get anyone really interested a very good price. Ive seriously thought about buying this one myself, but its a much bigger project than my skills are capable of handling, and I don't have a place I can store this, my wife will divorce me if I buy another Mustang, I just sunk 5k into the Foxbody motor, so this project wouldn't be cost affective for me. I can do all the mechanical, I just have no skills at paint, body, or interior. But someone with skills would score big time! Im going to give the 71-73 fans here a chance first at this, by next Wednesday its going on eBay.

1.JPG3.JPG2.JPGengine.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like one for the Gold Glow Fans.

If I was going to do it, Id make it your avatar color. :) These cars are meant to be enjoyed, big resale value on these unless its extra special, is low. In my opinion investing more than 20k on one of these is wasting money and even 20k is getting up there. But what do I know. ::shrug:: Id say for the car guy that can do it all this ones for you, because you need to determine what your time investment is worth, parts are pretty cheap overall.

I am getting some interest so instead of responding to each one I wanted to include more info here for everyone.

I have no photos at this moment of the interior, the interior is essentially gutted and all in boxes. Restoration was started with the interior being gutted first, grill, lights and exterior trim removed with all of those pieces placed inside the car in boxes. Pretty much all is there, except the door panels, dash pad, one hub cap, the grille is busted, drivers door outside release handle is broken. I can get a photo of the interior tomorrow, but know up front, it needs everything reinstalled. My friend just told me about this car recently and hes not an electronic wiz, I did good getting this much info. He lives 2 hours from me here in Arizona. There's no BS here its a great car just needs someone to love it again my buddy's a Chevy guy. I texted my buddy and requested interior photos. I don't know the story of the NASA hood and why its not here.

Clear Arizona Title not restored or salvaged!!

For anyone that wants this car I will assist you in anyway, even to the point of taking it to a shipping company locally here in Phoenix, since the car runs its an easy transport, but I would not drive this anywhere long distance.

on 302 powered mach 1's the nasa hood was a no cost up grade most jumped on a free upgrade some didn't though
Thanks I did not know that!

A fair price for a solid project.
Agree and theres wiggle room ;)

Bottom dollar is 2250 hes not going to scrap it, he just wanted me to feel like he was so Id buy it.

Ive got it listed here and Mach1Club giving you guys first dibs, I'm going to list it on ebay Wednesday for 2300 if no one wants it from the sites, I wanted to give you guys first chance. For 2300 someone will be all over it on ebay even if they want it for parts for there project.

Help me out here guys why isnt this selling? I thought a decent and running fastback would go quickly here and when its a Mach 1 also I thought this would be gone. I need to know what u all think since Im going to list it on craigslist Wednesday. I appreciate any light you can share on this.

The engine bay looks a little dirty. Some simple green and a power washer would go a long way. No pics of the interior or the interior in boxes. Maybe a video of it running and driving under it's own power?

That's all I can think of that may help it sell. Pretty good price.

Check your pm sir!
I messaged you regarding the 73 Mustang Mach 1. I'm going now to pick it up and trailer it home from Showlow to begin the process of cleaning it up a little to list on ebay, no later than this weekend, once I clean the car the price just went up. :D

The engine bay looks a little dirty. Some simple green and a power washer would go a long way. No pics of the interior or the interior in boxes. Maybe a video of it running and driving under it's own power?

That's all I can think of that may help it sell. Pretty good price.
Thanks Don, sorry for the delay in responding was in California. Going to get the car now, I was hoping I didn't have to do it this way as it increases the cost, but Ill have the car tonight and begin the cleaning up of it. Thanks.

If I were in the market, I'd snap it up. That thing is WAY better than mine was when I started out.

However, I'm roughly 3X the asking price away from getting mine done.

Good luck with it!

Just checked out the ad. It looks like it has a fold down rear seat.

Thanks everyone I hope it goes to a good home. I did the video so people can see more about it as if they are right there. It needs lots of love but could make a great snowed in project over the winter for someone.

[video=youtube]

Back