• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted '72 Mach 1 grille center bracket needed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Convertible red with black trim
Hi gang:

I am in need of a center grille support bracket for my late '72 Mach 1. My original was misplaced long ago during a freshening of the car and is long gone. It likely was lost in the mid 80's when I had a friend assist in straightening up the shop. I had just not looked for a replacement until recently. Surface rust is no big issue, I just need the one bracket. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 🙏

I'm running into the same problem not being able to find an original 1972 bracket. I found a 1973 Grille support bracket on Ebay, and I am going to try to cut it down / modify it to fit into the 1972, and I think it will work. I used photoshop to superimpose the 72 bracket over a 73 bracket. It's a better starting point then starting from sheet metal. Good luck in your search. Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• 7372_bracket.jpg
    7372_bracket.jpg
    410.9 KB · Views: 0
I'm running into the same problem not being able to find an original 1972 bracket. I found a 1973 Grille support bracket on Ebay, and I am going to try to cut it down / modify it to fit into the 1972, and I think it will work. I used photoshop to superimpose the 72 bracket over a 73 bracket. It's a better starting point then starting from sheet metal. Good luck in your search. Hope this helps someone.
Interesting idea. I'm going to wait it out. Surely there's a '72 center grille bracket out there somewhere. I'll find one eventually. 🤞

If someone with a mach 72 could remove their grille support bracket, trace the bracket on an 8.5 x11 piece of regular printer paper, scan the paper at Kinko's, and then post the picture to this forum, that would help a lot of us out.

I may have one. Not sure if it's 72 or 73

Well crud. There was a support bracket that popped up on eBay today. I was pretty busy and by the time I saw it, it was sold! Crap... I'll just have to keep looking I suppose 😢

Probably because I retired and got nothing better to do. I would just use some 16 gauge and make the two pieces, fit them in place then bench weld the two together until I found one.

Attachments

• Mach-grill_support.pdf
    285 KB · Views: 0
I'm retired too. My wife has medical issues and I've been busy with her doctor appointments and therapy. Thanks for the sketch, however. I'm hoping someone might have one out there.

Are the brackets different between the standard grille and Mach1?

Yeah, I'm familiar with two grilles. Just wondering if the support bracket is different for each type.

Back