• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted '72 Mach 1 grille center bracket needed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm retired too. My wife has medical issues and I've been busy with her doctor appointments and therapy. Thanks for the sketch, however. I'm hoping someone might have one out there.
Good luck on your search, I know it took me a while to track down a pair of hood lock brackets before they started re-popping them.

Any one know what those 4 additional holes are for?

Attachments

• grill4.JPG
    grill4.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 0
Any one know what those 4 additional holes are for?
The grill support brackets for the Mach1-style grill underwent a change late in the '71 production year. Before 6/14/71, the '71 Mustang featured dual vertical hood latch support braces. After that date, all '71-72 Mustangs were equipped with a single vertical hood latch support. It's important to note that there will always be slight variations before and after any dated change on the assembly line. These cars were not built in consecutive serial numbers, so it's possible to have two vehicles with consecutive numbers yet be built weeks apart.
The service replacement and aftermarket grills have mount holes for the 8182 brackets for both before and after versions of the hood latch support.

1713364244301.png
1713364275195.png

The grill support brackets for the Mach1-style grill underwent a change late in the '71 production year. Before 6/14/71, the '71 Mustang featured dual vertical hood latch support braces. After that date, all '71-72 Mustangs were equipped with a single vertical hood latch support. It's important to note that there will always be slight variations before and after any dated change on the assembly line. These cars were not built in consecutive serial numbers, so it's possible to have two vehicles with consecutive numbers yet be built weeks apart.
The service replacement and aftermarket grills have mount holes for the 8182 brackets for both before and after versions of the hood latch support.

View attachment 87897
View attachment 87898
Thanks, I thought I was missing something there.

Agreed. The standard grill attaches directly to the latch bracket. The the '71 and '72 sport grille uses the "8182" bracket.
That is the info I was looking for.
I may have the bracket you are looking for. If so, it is a little bent, but very salvageable.
I have a bracket. Not sure if it is 71, 71/72, or 73.
Won't know until I retrieve it from storage.

Hey, I can straighten it up, I've literally been looking for one for years now. If you're agreeable, send me a picture or two of it and I think we can determine if it's a '71-'72 or a '73. Thanks for getting back with me.

Not a problem. Give me a couple days.

Well....no sign of it. I can picture it, including the bends. But no clue where it got off to.
I'll keep looking, but don't wait on me if you find another.

What about Motor City Mustang? Seems like he would have one.

Contact Mark 303-343-7024 at Colorado Mustang. They have over 80 plus 71-73 in their yard.

There used to be a guy on here named David who went by the name Carolina Mountain Mustangs. He last posted back in Nov of 2021. He was always recommending a guy named Scotty Strickland in N.Carolina. He said that this Strickland guy only did Facebook and that he had a bunch of 71-73 mustangs on his property and that if you friended him on Facebook and reached out with your parts request, if he had it he would take the part off of the parts cars and sell it to you. Check out Carolina Mountain Mustangs postings in the archives or type in "Scotty Strickland" in the search engine here on the forum it might be worth a shot at locating this part.

There used to be a guy on here named David who went by the name Carolina Mountain Mustangs. He last posted back in Nov of 2021. He was always recommending a guy named Scotty Strickland in N.Carolina. He said that this Strickland guy only did Facebook and that he had a bunch of 71-73 mustangs on his property and that if you friended him on Facebook and reached out with your parts request, if he had it he would take the part off of the parts cars and sell it to you. Check out Carolina Mountain Mustangs postings in the archives or type in "Scotty Strickland" in the search engine here on the forum it might be worth a shot at locating this part.

I've been digging on here and on FB, but no luck so far. I'll try some variations to see what happens. I see some people have talked to hi last summer, but I've seen no contact info. Ugh...

I've been digging on here and on FB, but no luck so far. I'll try some variations to see what happens. I see some people have talked to hi last summer, but I've seen no contact info. Ugh...
https://www.facebook.com/david.fowler.3954546
This link should take you to FaceBook, where David Fowler (Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs) does all his posting. There was some sort of problem with his Internet service, and he could not connect to the 71-73 Mustang site. The different companies he worked for did a lot of work for Ford, so he is knowledgeable on many aspects of the business.

Last edited:
https://www.facebook.com/david.fowler.3954546
This link should take you to FaceBook, where David Fowler (Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs) does all his posting. There was some sort of problem with his Internet service, and he could not connect to the 71-73 Mustang site. The different companies he worked for did a lot of work for Ford, so he is knowledgeable on many aspects of the business.
Thank you. I've sent David a friend request on FB and a message letting him know what I've been searching for. Thanks for your help!

Back