73 Mach1, Jacksonvile FL- $7995

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paint isn't original (looks like a 1980's repaint that was never wet sanded because it's too thin), one rear quarter and outer wheelhouse are ready for some serious rust removal, and the trunk has some nasty bedliner spayed haphazardly over a pre-existing repair (which is not shown, though I'll guess the trunk floor has been swapped).

I don't trust any seller that doesn't remove the trunk carpeting for sales photos. Doubly untrustworthy of a seller that has the carpeting in a Mach, where it never existed in the first place.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Those pics make it really difficult to see if the body sheetmetal is straight or not. At least for me...

The car looks ok but that is one I would send someone local to really inspect it good for me before I'd could get serious. That's probably a good idea anyway unless you like to gamble a lot.

You are correct as those wheels are not true Magnums for a Mustang.

Ray

Most likely they are 14x7 Magnums from a Torino, Cougar, Ranchero or LTD II. They also used them on Monarchs and Granadas and the offset is not right and they are 14x6 from those cars.

Anyone else notice that that wood grain has been taken off the door panels and they've been polished to a mirror like finish? That's an interesting choice. The engine looks fairly good, with what appears to be the factory AC unit. But it doesn't seem to have the Power Steering cooler even though I think I see a PS pump hiding down there?

Anyone else notice that that wood grain has been taken off the door panels and they've been polished to a mirror like finish? That's an interesting choice.
The choice taken when the woodgrain has peeled to a crisp. '70s Lincoln owners know about this, but they weren't lucky enough to have woodgrain applied over chrome sections.

-Kurt

Back