'73 Mach1 made in Mexico

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could speak to the owner from the mexican one I missed 2 yeras ago this week, we will meet.

Come back to the "hecho en Mexico", I found another one in Germany.

http://ww3.autoscout24.fr/classified/275355260?asrc=st|as

We exchanged a few mails with the shop, looks like in good shape, but wait for some more pics. I would like to get a Mach 1 with mecanic tranny.[/i]

I could speak to the owner from the mexican one I missed 2 yeras ago this week, we will meet.

Come back to the "hecho en Mexico", I found another one in Germany.

http://ww3.autoscout24.fr/classified/275355260?asrc=st|as

We exchanged a few mails with the shop, looks like in good shape, but wait for some more pics. I would like to get a Mach 1 with mecanic tranny.[/i]
Isn't that a very reasonable price for the car in Europe?

If this Mach 1 is like the vendor tells, the price is honest.

I have to make an offer. Let's see...

Isn't it amazing that 51 years after it's introduction to the world, such an iconic American car as the Mustang is still as sought after as it is. Thank goodness it was so accepted worldwide that in 2016 you could have someone in France trying to work out a purchase of Mexican market only 73 Mustang!!

As stated earlier, not a lot was known about these cars. They were almost like a Mexican secret. Thanks to some good research by some members here, some really good info is starting to surface on these rare 'Stangs. I know the more I see and find out about these cars the more I like them.

Manu Mach1, good luck on working out a deal, we're all hoping to hear some good news! ::thumb::

I would be surprised if it's a real Mach 1 in proper shape. The price is at the lowest end of Mach 1 price scale in Germany. Usually they vary between 20 and 30k...

Andreas

Manu,

if you need help on visiting it, give me a call!

You have my number... ;)

As I told you the car has been a long time on the internet without someone buying it. Many things on it are not original! This price is only ok if all other things like the body are in good shape and with no need to repair! I have some doubts... I know my car and his history now and you your current one!

Before you make a false decision let us get togehter - you know four eyes see more than two and so on...

Keep me up to dated, man!

HEHE some good news, the vendor and me could find a price. For sure this mexican car is not made for north of Europe, either north of America, no heater.

Tim, I see on the pics that a few things look different as non mexican ones, like the air cover, the water box (to clean the windshield), those 2 details are really from mexican models. But if you see something else, let me know. From the vendor, he said, no rust, engine runs good, interior is new...

For sure I need someone who could check the car, I know you are around 700 miles from there, but if you have a friend who could...

This car can't be delivered from there to my place, too too far, the cost is too much, so I plan to drive with my brother and rent a trailer to pick it up. We are very close to make the deal.

After this trip, I will probably find my stuff in the garden when I'll be back, my wife is not happy about that, but this Mach 1 is white, and a Toploader, my dream!!!

My new house will be my next car?

We'll see...

Next episode very soon.

Thanks for your enthousiasm :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wishing you all good luck with this investment Manu.

I hope it turns out to be what you want.

A good upgrade would be to replace the passenger seat with one

from a old station wagon. They reclined all the way to make

a better one person bed for your new home. ;-)

Bru

Wishing you all good luck with this investment Manu.

I hope it turns out to be what you want.

A good upgrade would be to replace the passenger seat with one

from a old station wagon. They reclined all the way to make

a better one person bed for your new home. ;-)

Bru
A steering wheel from a van is already in that car :)

HEHE some good news, the vendor and me could find a price. For sure this mexican car is not made for north of Europe, either north of America, no heater.

Tim, I see on the pics that a few things look different as non mexican ones, like the air cover, the water box (to clean the windshield), those 2 details are really from mexican models. But if you see something else, let me know. From the vendor, he said, no rust, engine runs good, interior is new...

For sure I need someone who could check the car, I know you are around 700 miles from there, but if you have a friend who could...

This car can't be delivered from there to my place, too too far, the cost is too much, so I plan to drive with my brother and rent a trailer to pick it up. We are very close to make the deal.

After this trip, I will probably find my stuff in the garden when I'll be back, my wife is not happy about that, but this Mach 1 is white, and a Toploader, my dream!!!

My new house will be my next car?

We'll see...

Next episode very soon.

Thanks for your enthousiasm :)
Phone call with the seller done for you and also two phone calls with you... ::thumb::

It was a pleasure to hear you in person and talk to each other despite the bad phone connection... ;)

If you need more support give a call - I am at free disposal ;)

For the others here:

It seems to be an original mexican car (got the VIN) with some specific mexican parts missing but enough hints left to prove it in overall quite good condition for the money.

If everything goes well I will meet Manu soon on his road trip and make the visit together to assure he will get a good car.

+1 for Timachone who helped me a lot in this smexican story when he called the seller and asked him about the car.

We know now this car comes from Mexico and was there for years before been exported to Europe, and will be in France soon.

Thank you Tim ;)

(Don't worry my wife will never know it was your fault)

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 for Timachone who helped me a lot in this smexican story when he called the seller and asked him about the car.

We know now this car comes from Mexico and was there for years before been exported to Europe, and will be in France soon.

Thank you Tim ;)
My pleasure, buddy :thankyouyellow:

(Don't worry my wife will never know it was your fault)
Puh, what luck lollerz

Back