73 Mustang with TKX 600 Tremec

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ignored the electronic speedometer hookup. Just zip-tied the little wire up. And then the mechanical speedometer cable connected to the driver's side.
I appreciate the advice. I’m in the process of running a new wiring harness and it’s a blast. Especially since I swapped out the tailights which will hurt die hard mustang fans. I went with the 68 Shelby bar sequential tailights

Walter1973,
I was able to use the stock driveshaft from my 1973 fb donor car with Q code and toploader.
What I had to do was to use the (super short) Daytona pinion yoke from my N case differential.
this yoke is actually way shorter than the short 4 inch yoke but is only for Daytona big bearing pinion, it uses 1330 tyle u joint.
the yoke is expensive but far less than a new custom driveshaft.
Boilermastr

Walter1973,
I was able to use the stock driveshaft from my 1973 fb donor car with Q code and toploader.
What I had to do was to use the (super short) Daytona pinion yoke from my N case differential.
this yoke is actually way shorter than the short 4 inch yoke but is only for Daytona big bearing pinion, it uses 1330 tyle u joint.
the yoke is expensive but far less than a new custom driveshaft.
Boilermastr
My new driveshaft wasn't terrible. $450 from a local shop. Dropped off my old one with the measurements for the new one, came back 2 hours later to pick up the new one with my old yoke on it.
Maybe a tossup with swapping anything in the rear end cause if I open that up, I'm gonna spend a few hundred bucks putting it back together. :D

My new driveshaft wasn't terrible. $450 from a local shop. Dropped off my old one with the measurements for the new one, came back 2 hours later to pick up the new one with my old yoke on it.
Maybe a tossup with swapping anything in the rear end cause if I open that up, I'm gonna spend a few hundred bucks putting it back together. :D
How do y’all feel about the fiberglass drive shafts?
how do y’all feel about the carbon fiber drive shafts. Based on what I see they are pretty solid. I’m planning on using my old one but figured I’d ask

How do y’all feel about the fiberglass drive shafts?

how do y’all feel about the carbon fiber drive shafts. Based on what I see they are pretty solid. I’m planning on using my old one but figured I’d ask
I feel like that's in a whole nother league than i'm playing in. There's so many other upgrades i'd have to do first before a carbon fiber driveshaft made sense. Steel ones have sent many cars down the quarter mile a lot faster than my car goes.

I feel like that's in a whole nother league than i'm playing in. There's so many other upgrades i'd have to do first before a carbon fiber or fiberglass driveshaft made sense. Steel ones have sent many cars down the quarter mile a lot faster than my car goes.
That makes sense. I’m running a crate 347 with the TKX 600, and I did some body modifications to the car. I’m really close to having running again and then off for a very pricy paint job. But this is the car I have. Before and after.

Attachments

• IMG_1792.jpeg
    IMG_1792.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1791.jpeg
    IMG_1791.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1793.jpeg
    IMG_1793.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4602.jpeg
    IMG_4602.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4601.jpeg
    IMG_4601.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3889.jpeg
    IMG_3889.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3891.jpeg
    IMG_3891.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4719.jpeg
    IMG_4719.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4119.jpeg
    IMG_4119.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4120.jpeg
    IMG_4120.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Interesting mods and lots of serious metal work. I'll look forward to seeing how you finish it out.
I’ll be sure to post it on here. Dark metallic red, hints of metallic gold here and there. And black paint I think would accent the chrome trim nicely along with factory tinted windows.

Back