• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Vehicles For Sale 73 Q Code 4 Speed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Car values have risen and so has the cost of parts and labor. Once you start rebuilding things, you can easily put more money into a project than it’s worth.

I have a lead on an original 73 Mach 1 4 speed car. I can either buy, fix it up some and sell, or help my old high school friend sell it to a good home. Car space is not one of my strengths.

The car.
Yellow Mach with ginger deluxe interior
Older restoration, but a nice 20 footer
Complete car, needs brakes reworked to drive
Always garaged, last driven 4 years ago
Non-AC car
Original CJ engine and 4 speed
Original slotted Mach mags
Front and rear spoilers, louvers.

Needs some interior work
Needs lower passenger 1/4 bodywork due to blowout damage.

What is this car worth as is? What do people think I could get for it with the interior finished up and it being a reliable driver? (Just wanting ball park numbers, not a detailed analysis, particularly from 73 Q Code owners/dreamers. What would you pay for a running car like this today?)

kcmash
I am the original owner of a 73 Mach 1, Q code, 4spd, copper metallic/ginger interior. I did a nut and bolt restoration starting in 2009 and spent 1,000 hrs. on bodywork (did it the right way). The car is now rust-free (have photos w/o paint). It was appraised at $70k CDN but I think now it's worth more. The car is awesome and runs really well. Get lots of compliments at car shows. Bodywork is really expensive to do properly, but worth it in my opinion. Best to do a thorough assessment of body condition before making an offer, otherwise it will become a money pit.

I missed the boat. I finally got everything approved on my end, the wife said yes, I picked up the phone to tell the guy I would take it and there was a text that arrived that minute saying he just sold it to a friend.

I figure that was divine intervention if anything was.

I’ve bought similar condition cars in the $5 K range. Running and driving needing repairs. No major rust.
Not sure if you are joking or not, however in todays market, good luck finding anything under $10k in this condition

Not sure if you are joking or not, however in todays market, good luck finding anything under $10k in this condition
I bought the car in my avatar for $5,500 back about 2 years ago and it ran with no major rust and it’s a rare Sprint sportsroof Package B car , 1 of 1100

Attachments

• F11BDE9F-4208-4CDC-9080-366C0194E496.jpeg
    F11BDE9F-4208-4CDC-9080-366C0194E496.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Back