• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Vehicles For Sale 73 Q Code 4 Speed

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1, Grabber Blue w/Argent stripes. Original 2V 351C Auto, Tilt, rear defog, Black Comfortweave Interior. Under restoration. Original colors, 4V 351C, 4-Speed, Spoilers, Magnums, Ram Air. All Ford parts.
I have a lead on an original 73 Mach 1 4 speed car. I can either buy, fix it up some and sell, or help my old high school friend sell it to a good home. Car space is not one of my strengths.

The car.
Yellow Mach with ginger deluxe interior
Older restoration, but a nice 20 footer
Complete car, needs brakes reworked to drive
Always garaged, last driven 4 years ago
Non-AC car
Original CJ engine and 4 speed
Original slotted Mach mags
Front and rear spoilers, louvers.

Needs some interior work
Needs lower passenger 1/4 bodywork due to blowout damage.

What is this car worth as is? What do people think I could get for it with the interior finished up and it being a reliable driver? (Just wanting ball park numbers, not a detailed analysis, particularly from 73 Q Code owners/dreamers. What would you pay for a running car like this today?)

kcmash

Here are some pics I have. Yep I know what's wrong with it.

Attachments

• received_7025099450833417.jpeg
    received_7025099450833417.jpeg
    946.7 KB · Views: 2
  • received_1433156277482024.jpeg
    received_1433156277482024.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • received_266193452704333.jpeg
    received_266193452704333.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • received_841904920876329.jpeg
    received_841904920876329.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • received_298060609270217.jpeg
    received_298060609270217.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
I have a lead on an original 73 Mach 1 4 speed car. I can either buy, fix it up some and sell, or help my old high school friend sell it to a good home. Car space is not one of my strengths.

The car.
Yellow Mach with ginger deluxe interior
Older restoration, but a nice 20 footer
Complete car, needs brakes reworked to drive
Always garaged, last driven 4 years ago
Non-AC car
Original CJ engine and 4 speed
Original slotted Mach mags
Front and rear spoilers, louvers.

Needs some interior work
Needs lower passenger 1/4 bodywork due to blowout damage.

What is this car worth as is? What do people think I could get for it with the interior finished up and it being a reliable driver? (Just wanting ball park numbers, not a detailed analysis, particularly from 73 Q Code owners/dreamers. What would you pay for a running car like this today?)

kcmash
My value $5 - 7.5 K

Looks pretty respectable. Should make a good project. I think @72MustangSprint is in the ballpark, maybe even up to $10K depending on what part of the country you're in. What are the floors, cowl and trunk floor looking like?
I’ve bought similar condition cars in the $5 K range. Running and driving needing repairs. No major rust.

I’ve bought similar condition cars in the $5 K range. Running and driving needing repairs. No major rust.
What were you able to sell them for once they were running well?

Other than the quarter panel damage it looks pretty good from the pictures. Upon closer look, I don't think the wheel are Ford wheels, just the center caps adapted to aftermarket wheels. This car looks like it would make a nice resto project. I'd be tempted if I were in your area.

Last edited:
If I could find a car in that shape for $5k. I would buy it in a heartbeat and throw all my good parts on it and paint it. I can’t touch the parts for mine for under $5

Up here in the rusty Northeast, that's easily a $10K car, if not far more.

My best advice is to help him neaten it up and get it running and driving. Brake parts are cheap. At that point, it's a driveable classic that someone can enjoy as is while saving to fix the quarter. The quarter is an easy fix for someone who's good with sheetmetal, and a non-metallic paint can be blended easily.

If he's done with the car and doesn't want to do anything, shoot him an offer that makes you feel good, then fix and flip on your own.

Here is a local car.....lots of rust popping, running and driving 73 Mach 1 , 4V, 4-speed....$20 K
I don’t think he will get anywhere near 20 for it but who knows.

Attachments

• E852DF9B-3929-454F-808B-C64A8BF0D01F.png
    E852DF9B-3929-454F-808B-C64A8BF0D01F.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 2
He can sell ot for 10k in 2 days might get 15k if waits for the right buyer.
20k would be sitting and never sell.
7k would be killer deal, if he wants to.
I got 71 fast back for killer deal....maybe he can get someone happy.

Went to see the car in person today. This will be a nice pickup. Solid floors, frame, inner fenders and body. Very straight car. Original Q Code engine down to the factory carb. Staggered shocks and 4-speed, dual exhaust.

I was expecting rust on the underside. I found a very solid car!

kcmash

Yep. I got his bottom dollar. I am going to grab it and get it tuned up mechanically, redo the brakes, fix the drivers seat. Once she is driving nice I will figure a good price to sell it for.

kcmash

Well, as far as my two cents worth. I have found that these classic cars can bring a wide range of funds.
Basically, it is worth what someone who wants it bad enough to pay and $5-10k is realistic, however with Barrett Jackson screwing up the industry, it is had to place a value on the car.
What does the owner want out of it?

Also, I paid $9k for mine (avatar) and had to put another $12 into it to get it running and it still is not stock since the original 351/C6 was missing. Hope this helps

Back